• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Video is up from my King 50 attempt last weekend! I think I did well for my first time especially a month before was the first time I tried to choreograph a flight to my custom sound track to match. Video was shot by "DaOldGuy" and big thanks to him! I added the audio track to the video.

[video=youtube;Drq02jAdAPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drq02jAdAPE[/video]

I'm looking for mixing software for PC. What are you using? Nice flight. Like the dead stick at the end- different, shows more planning and precision than people think.

Last edited by a moderator:

joshgluck

100cc
And so I did, and messed up the elevator...dang. Lucky I debonded the joiner and pulled off one half. I now have to clean the joiner w a sanding drum and cleanup the slot in the elevator half. Not going to use ca as I don't work fast enough, was a bit surprised that was the instruction in the build. Even though it dry fit, seems like the glue suck way too fast.

dskuro95

100cc
Awesome pictures of my 58 edge. I was flying and the canopy shot off. I decided to keep going. And for those of you who know, yes this was the wrecked one from the competition. The flowers in the tail are from harriering/hovering in the weeds GCA July 27 Meeting-21.jpgGCA July 27 Meeting-22.jpg

SnowDog

And so I did, and messed up the elevator...dang. Lucky I debonded the joiner and pulled off one half. I now have to clean the joiner w a sanding drum and cleanup the slot in the elevator half. Not going to use ca as I don't work fast enough, was a bit surprised that was the instruction in the build. Even though it dry fit, seems like the glue suck way too fast.

Yeah, I always use epoxy on the joiner...I'm not fast enough for CA either.

aronph

70cc twin V2
doesnt everything go in place BEFORE you put the CA on?....I must be missing something...isnt the stab the same style as the 57?

SnowDog

doesnt everything go in place BEFORE you put the CA on?....I must be missing something...isnt the stab the same style as the 57?

The instructions (IIRC) for the standard stab construction procedure state to put thick CA in the joiner slot, then glue the joiner to one stab half, then slide through opening, then glue joiner to the other stab half. I'm just saying that instead of using thick CA (or any kind of CA) for this step, I use epoxy...gives me a little more time to fiddle with the halves and make sure the alignment is perfect before the glue sets.

aronph

70cc twin V2
ok....I built three 41 edges and a 57 and never had an issue but I think the joiner was already preglued in one of the halves