• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
image.jpg
Is my weather map right? :O It shows showing in Dallas Texas right now?! :confused::facepalm:
It's possibule it's possibule!

dth7

image.jpg

We have an annual Frozen Fingers Fun Fly on Sunday. It may be accurate this year! Yikes. Can you say wind chill?

dth7

One guy just wrote on the FB page that if its too cold it should be postponed with a "rain date". I said with this forecast there's no chance of rain so lets press on! Lol no guts no glory no air medals. It's a silly off season fun day about persistence and camaraderie not so much flying. However I've promised to fly something!

3dNater

So I ran out of work at the office today... such a bummer... packed up and went flying with Brigg from about 2:00 PM to after 5:00. We had such a blast with the aerobeez yak and Brigg's ultra-micro designs. He is just about ready to start producing his kits for sale. The designs are amazingly fun. We took my 3 yr old boy out and he really had a blast with Brigg and his toys. The coolest thing was an ultra micro glider tow! My son would go and grab the little glider and bring it back to hook on to Brigg's ultra micro trainer. The two of them did that for close to an hour. The fun didn't stop until Brigg plowed the little trainer into the ground after having trouble getting the glider to release. The extent of the damage was a broken motor mount. We fixed it in just a few seconds with some CA. I have not had this much fun in a single outing in ages. I am trying to talk him into making a 3d plane for a 200 watt power system. One thing at a time though haha.

The Aerobeez yak with custom SFG's is still flying nice. I got two flights on it and Brigg got one as well. I swapped the 19x8 prop out for a 20x8 I bought from Gary. The DLE 35 needed the extra load and seems to be really happy with the prop change. I miss the speed from the higher rpm's but like I said the motor is happier so it was worth changing it out. I am pretty sure I was pushing the limits of how high that 35 ought to rev with the 19x8. It was getting around 8000 rpm's on the ground. I'll probly post some vids from our adventures a little later including some footage of Brigg's tiny planes (even though they aren't 3d--yet).