• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Meh. I'll get a carbon chassis touring car so I can get 100mph vs my current 55mph. I'm thinking futaba...
At least the Subaru owner wasn't mad when the alarm was set off!! I got lucky, it was a tuner ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Hate to see you blame Spektrum when using a $6 piece of junk Copy King knock off Spektrum"compatible" rx....

Just sayin

I know, I know. It's just hard to trust them when using THEIR RX's and having 4 brownout crashes. I get the knockoff being partly to blame, but I guess the past incidents gave them a bad rap in my head. I still think, whether I stay Spektrum or not, I need to try a new TX and see just what the problem is.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Hate to see you blame Spektrum when using a $6 piece of junk Copy King knock off Spektrum"compatible" rx....

Just sayin

I had two brownouts-lockouts when I was using spectrum a few years back. I had the DSM2 DX7. Stopped using that crap ans switched to hitec. Never looked back LOL. Spectrum is the only brand besides the off brand systems I would never trust in a plane. I heard the new DSMX is better though.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I know, I know. It's just hard to trust them when using THEIR RX's and having 4 brownout crashes. I get the knockoff being partly to blame, but I guess the past incidents gave them a bad rap in my head. I still think, whether I stay Spektrum or not, I need to try a new TX and see just what the problem is.

What is powering your rx? (BEC, etc.)

gyro

GSN Contributor
3 of them were internal BEC's and 1 was an external Castle BEC

What size / amp rating internal BEC? I ask because I had some issues myself in the past, and traced them back to brownouts caused by insufficient BEC power supplied to the rx

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
What size / amp rating internal BEC? I ask because I had some issues myself in the past, and traced them back to brownouts caused by insufficient BEC power supplied to the rx

I want to say 5A. They were Castle Edges, Thunderbirds, and an Airboss.