• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

ryan_m

100cc
Any one got a eme70 if so how ya like it

I do. Have one in a 3dhs 91" Yak 55. Have 4 tanks of gas through it now. It's turning a Falcon 24x9 carbon at about 6600 rpm, and still increasing on that. I don't have any baffling on the Yak, and that is proving to be a problem as it got a bit hot and dead sticked on me last weekend, resulting in a snapped landing gear leg. No airplane damage fortunately though. So I'll be building some baffles and fixing the heat issue.
Otherwise, it's a bit early to tell too much. It likes an extra flip or two after it pops on the choke. And even then it might take choking again and repeating the process to get it to start. Though that seems to be getting better as the motor breaks in a bit. Pulls like a freight train though, Very strong. Smooth runup. So far I'm happy with the motor, but like I said, no idea how it will be after a lot more time is on the motor.
front.JPGIMG_1788.JPGleft.JPGright.JPGtop.JPG

skibum44

70cc twin V2
I was having some temps reaching 330°F with throttle management on the DA70 until I baffled it. Now temps are in the 230-285 range no throttle management needed. It's getting pretty hot to dead stick. Temp sensor proved handy to me.

ryan_m

100cc
I was having some temps reaching 330°F with throttle management on the DA70 until I baffled it. Now temps are in the 230-285 range no throttle management needed. It's getting pretty hot to dead stick. Temp sensor proved handy to me.

Hmmm... don't know what the temps were on the back of my cylinders, but the front was 185 about 5 minutes after it landed from the dead stick. So I figure the front was 200-210 in the air, and back of the cylinder likely 275+. Doesn't sound like that temp is too much for you, but I was having extremely noticeable power issues, wouldn't spin up, and then died. I will be baffling it this week. Bought some foam today, and ordered the EF cowl insert from their 88" Yak. Hopefully I can make it work and not look too bad.

So guys just a random question.. just wanted some input from members of 3drcfourms..but what events would yall like to see coverage on this year??? just trying to plan the year out

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Hmmm... don't know what the temps were on the back of my cylinders, but the front was 185 about 5 minutes after it landed from the dead stick. So I figure the front was 200-210 in the air, and back of the cylinder likely 275+. Doesn't sound like that temp is too much for you, but I was having extremely noticeable power issues, wouldn't spin up, and then died. I will be baffling it this week. Bought some foam today, and ordered the EF cowl insert from their 88" Yak. Hopefully I can make it work and not look too bad.

I used the foam canopy deck to make my baffles out of... I like to see the inside. Used EPP flexible glue to glue together and in place. I went to micheal's and grabbed some foam, but opted for the thinner stuff.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
So guys just a random question.. just wanted some input from members of 3drcfourms..but what events would yall like to see coverage on this year??? just trying to plan the year out

I'm going to eFest Saturday....I'm gonna try and get some pics and do a little write up on it