• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
That is so cool Mike!!!! Ive got some pictures I'll put up here tomorrow.... Just got done with 14 hours of driving and waiting.... Long day.... By the way how did that ultimate fly???

I was an old plane that was really not designed for the low and slow or high energy stuff we do today so it flew as designed.... I wouldn't buy another one but it was fun at the time when I didn't know any better. LOL

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
It's beautiful weather here today and this weekend but dang it if I don't have a dead servo in my 35%'r! Servo on the way but doubt it will be here today or tomorrow. :-(

May have to break out my smaller electrics!

Bipenut53

150cc
Ok so this is going to show my age a bit lol but you old timers out there may remember this.......
[MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION] can you or others tell what this plane is? Hint I built it from plans from RCM back in the mid 80's

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG

One of my favorite glow planes to fly!!

Bipenut53

150cc
Lol Good guess but no..... Here is a Sportster Bi-plane..... That was a kit.... Are you getting the picture? I have wayyyyy too many airplanes lol This Sportster Bi-Plane is from the early 90's

005.JPG006.JPG007.JPG

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Lol Good guess but no..... Here is a Sportster Bi-plane..... That was a kit.... Are you getting the picture? I have wayyyyy too many airplanes lol This Sportster Bi-Plane is from the early 90's

View attachment 34289View attachment 34290View attachment 34291

Ha ha man you have one of everything! I almost pulled the trigger on a 50cc Reactor like the one I see in the background a couple years ago at Coyote Hobby in Oregon City near Portland. What do you think of it? How does it fly?

Bipenut53

150cc
You know I didnt think I would like it all that well but with a 50cc engine on it, you dont need any bigger, it is very floaty and tons of fun to fly. One common problem with them is the wing bolts tend to back out in flight, I check them after every flight. I am going to try to use o-rings this year to stop that problem. Also there are two servos per aileron one for each elevator half, and one for the rudder. I got a swinging deal on that airframe with transmitter last year and I really do enjoy flying it. It will do anything you can throw at it and talk about rudder surface... that has the biggest rudder I have ever seen on a 50cc airframe

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
You know I didnt think I would like it all that well but with a 50cc engine on it, you dont need any bigger, it is very floaty and tons of fun to fly. One common problem with them is the wing bolts tend to back out in flight, I check them after every flight. I am going to try to use o-rings this year to stop that problem. Also there are two servos per aileron one for each elevator half, and one for the rudder. I got a swinging deal on that airframe with transmitter last year and I really do enjoy flying it. It will do anything you can throw at it and talk about rudder surface... that has the biggest rudder I have ever seen on a 50cc airframe

It's a great looking plane. I would go with these wing nuts from @Aztech Aeromodels! I have never had a problem after going to these on my gassers.

Q20_Wing_Bolts_5-500x500.jpg

Here's a link: http://www.aztechaeromodels.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=wing nuts&product_id=111