• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

clarkj

70cc twin V2
I found a company in st louis, 2 hours from me that has new 6x12 for $2325. If it rains this weekend i may go pick it up

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I found a company in st louis, 2 hours from me that has new 6x12 for $2325. If it rains this weekend i may go pick it up

V-nose? I used to have a flat front trailer. Anything above 40 MPH felt like pulling a parachute. My new trailer has a v-nose and while I still know it is back there, it tends to cut through the air a little better.

Bipenut53

150cc
The Beast 60e

I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever had the Beast 60e?

EFL9000_a0.jpg

I like the looks and I love Biplanes and I have always wondered what the real world people thought of the airplane, not just the fanboys.
Thanks

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever had the Beast 60e?

View attachment 35255

I like the looks and I love Biplanes and I have always wondered what the real world people thought of the airplane, not just the fanboys.
Thanks

Funny coming from someone with Bipenut as a handle. I like the looks of the Beast. I am not a fan of electric planes though. Nothing wrong with them, just not my cup of tea. I also like the Aero-Works Pitts and Checkmate.

Bipenut53

150cc
Funny coming from someone with Bipenut as a handle. I like the looks of the Beast. I am not a fan of electric planes though. Nothing wrong with them, just not my cup of tea. I also like the Aero-Works Pitts and Checkmate.

Yeah I have 5 Biplanes right now..... don't know why Im considering another one lol. Im still looking.... Maybe the PAU Bulldog may fill my needs a little better....... In the dreaming stage right now

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Yeah I have 5 Biplanes right now..... don't know why Im considering another one lol. Im still looking.... Maybe the PAU Bulldog may fill my needs a little better....... In the dreaming stage right now

NP need to justify, just surrender to the urge to acquire new flying toys.

If you must rationalize, compare your costs to a golfer with a country club membership

;-)

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator

Only Bipe I've had was a Tiger Moth with a Saito 1.00 in it. Great lazy day flyer. I sold it to a guy across town in Feb and then one of the members at my club showed up with it in late April. Said he found it on Craigslist. He got it for a hell of price too. I sold it for $375 and he bought it for $250.

Another member has the AW Checkmate with a 55RA in it. Beautiful plane. He said it scared the bejeebers out of him on the maiden flight. As soon as the wheels left the ground it torque rolled inverted. He had enough wits about him to ease in down elevator and get some altitude. The other thing I noticed is that plane lands with a lot of speed. He eats up a bunch of runway on landing.

aronph

70cc twin V2
....and I have a $35 aluminum truck cap on the 8ft bed dually. Throw a cot in there and it doubles as a camper for events. And I'm 35. :)