• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
As far as crash damage, just a cracked gear.

The crash was caused by the cowl coming loose and lodging behind the spinner back plate, so I'll replace spinner and cowl as well. Luckily, I was going to replace the cowl anyway because I changed the exhaust, so I have a spare at home.

I basically had the choice between diving all the way down to the runway and try to pull up last second or pull up earlier and run the risk of pancaking (which is what happened). However, had I continued the dive a little longer, there's always the risk I didn't have enough energy to pitch up the nose and I might have ripped the gear. The other thing was that I did a 90 degree turn to get back to the runway. As you said, I could have put it down in the long grass, but the ground is very rough there and would probably have caught the gear and ripped it out.

I checked my underwear afterwards, but they were dry... :)

I will give it a 7 as well! That will wake ya up really quick and to be honest for being low like that I would call that result a success! Could have been so much worse buddy!

Bipenut53

150cc
Uh.

So what's in your hangar now?

I have:

-DW Foamies 40" Yak 54
-DW Foamies 48" Juka
-Multiplex FunCub
-Aerobeez Slick PRO 70"
-Pilot RC 107" Yak 54
-Pilot RC 107" Edge 540

Need to thin out the graveyard, running out of space!!!!

I got way too many, I'll list what I am currently flying......

91" EF Extra (EME 70 Twin)
60" EF Extra (Torque motor, Airboss ESC)
60" EF Edge (Torque motor, Airboss ESC)
60" VVRC Yak Pro Profile plane (VVRC 21cc low profile engine)
39" Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak
35" Twisted Hobbys Crack Turbo Beaver
51" Parkzone Sport Cub S2 with flap option
Carbon Z Yak 54, older blue and white version
Bud Nosen Citabria (Royobi 26cc conversion)

and about 20 other aircraft I havent flown in about a year or more...... I have donated many airplanes to friends and kids......

alawson999

70cc twin V2
I'd call it something clever, like "911 elevator", give myself a 10/10, and get the damage hidden in a locked vehicle before my trash talking flying buddies can get. Organized.

But hey, that is just me

;-)

njswede

150cc
I'd call it something clever, like "911 elevator", give myself a 10/10, and get the damage hidden in a locked vehicle before my trash talking flying buddies can get. Organized.

But hey, that is just me

;-)

There wasn't really any visible damage, so there was nothing to hide. But of course one of the old guys who flies circles with his oldtime high-wing trainer came up to me afterwards and told me "You have to keep that airspeed up, you know". I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been able to handle 30lbs of plane from zero airspeed at maybe 30-35'. But I digress.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Yea that is a really tough deal. I had one like that that ended poorly because the nose was up with no energy when it died. Ended up landing right on the prop hub.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I got way too many, I'll list what I am currently flying......

91" EF Extra (EME 70 Twin)
60" EF Extra (Torque motor, Airboss ESC)
60" EF Edge (Torque motor, Airboss ESC)
60" VVRC Yak Pro Profile plane (VVRC 21cc low profile engine)
39" Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak
35" Twisted Hobbys Crack Turbo Beaver
51" Parkzone Sport Cub S2 with flap option
Carbon Z Yak 54, older blue and white version
Bud Nosen Citabria (Royobi 26cc conversion)

and about 20 other aircraft I havent flown in about a year or more...... I have donated many airplanes to friends and kids......

Where's all the biplanes????!

Bipenut53

150cc
Where's all the biplanes????!

Lol.... I still have them, Sportster biplane, Ultimate biplane, Starduster biplane, and a Steerman, I havent flown those in over a year....... I also have a couple of electric biplanes........ those get flown once in a while...... Im having more fun with the 3D stuff..... I am saving for a 100cc Aeroworks Ultimate but that is gonna be a while.... I do have a DLE 111 waiting for it though.....