• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
So new models on Extreme Flight RC? I've been itching to get a 60" electric 3D model. Been leaning towards the tried and proven Extra 300 EXP, but I noticed the 3DHS has the Slick 580 in a 60" version as well... well shoot me running! What do I do!?!?
I noticed that the dimensions are identical too? 60" x 58.5" 5-6lbs no Idea what the wind area is on the slick 580 though
http://northwestrc.com/3D-Hobby-Shop--60-Slick-580--Blue_p_208.html
http://extremeflightrc.com/60-Extra-300-EXP-BlueRedWhite_p_440.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Bipenut53

150cc
I have the 60" EF Extra, LOVE IT!!! :ecstatic: it is running the Torque motor and airboss ESC. I think either way you go you are going to be really happy!!!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
eb5cff919b865d1afeb95e00af06b32a.jpg

I've been pre occupied with another new hobby this last week or so. Rod building! Currently building a 9wt switch fly rod. It's a fun project!! It'll be my ocean rod for king & coho salmon... And probably try it steelhead fishing to.

As for the laser build, I've been working on a choke system setup utilizing a bell crank... New to me, but I think it'll make this builder happy in the end. Maybe it's the OCD in me ha, but the lack of seamless geometry for the other methods have been driving me crazy!

Bipenut53

150cc
eb5cff919b865d1afeb95e00af06b32a.jpg

I've been pre occupied with another new hobby this last week or so. Rod building! Currently building a 9wt switch fly rod. It's a fun project!! It'll be my ocean rod for king & coho salmon... And probably try it steelhead fishing to.

As for the laser build, I've been working on a choke system setup utilizing a bell crank... New to me, but I think it'll make this builder happy in the end. Maybe it's the OCD in me ha, but the lack of seamless geometry for the other methods have been driving me crazy!

Thats really nice Nick!! I love dry fly fishing! Never tried salt water fly fishing... Or even fished in salt water....

Bipenut53

150cc
This is pretty cool!! Patty Wagstaff's Extra 330 new paint scheme..... I think it looks pretty cool!!! I saw her fly in Arlington years ago.... She can fly!!

patty.JPG

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
We were all sunshine, with some clouds on Saturday.

Not to brag... But the Joe Hunt RC fly in/huck was a blast :cool:

Bipenut53

150cc
So how many here got hit with all of that white crap this weekend?

Not us either, most of our snow is gone!! been near 40 the last couple of days, supposed to get near 50 on thursday but with wind and rain.... but I may be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!!!