• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
It has a great scheme and looks very similar to the pilot scheme. Those EME's sure seem to be making a name for themselves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cam4569

70cc twin V2
Oh yea i love the EME and [MENTION=298]Outofdenver[/MENTION] (mile high RC) has been great. I will be ordering a 55 here real soon for my next build

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Wenatchee
a66d7d9e66e12828e719a383a3a7c25d.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Those buildings off to the far right of the picture are new... More sheds?

cam4569

70cc twin V2
Yes 4 or 5 sheds down there, i didnt have to walk down to that end thankfully

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bipenut53

150cc
Those buildings off to the far right of the picture are new... More sheds?

Yes they are storage sheds with no power in them, rented by members who have no storage at home. There is power at the light pole next to them though... Pretty good idea.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
So putting together the H9 15cc Carbon Cub... I'm going to have to add 1/2lb of lead in the tail... :veryshocked: This is with the RCGF 21cc twin, with the supplied standoffs so the cowling is back further than where it is "supposed" to be. The A123 battery is located in the aft fuselage half way to the empennage on its own custom made tray. funny enough the plane is almost 10.99lbs empty, but once the weight is added its going to be 11.4, and guess what the specs say for a flying weight? yup 11.4! So not bad really/on target. My mind is still blown how much steel and aluminum is on this plane, there is zero carbon. If you look up a 1/5 scale supercub online for flying weights you'll find them shy of 9lbs. This is one heavy bird, but with that huge 90" wing... It shouldn't have any problems carrying that load, and should cut through some windy days just great!

Bipenut53

150cc
That sounds good [MENTION=3929]AKNick[/MENTION] I would like to see pictures when you get done.... Sounds like you will have some fun with it!!

Bipenut53

150cc
Here is another picture I took of [MENTION=4379]cam4569[/MENTION] while he was flying.... His first flights at a "real" flying field.....

IMG_20160417_094451639_HDR.jpg

I think he is really hooked now!! lol
Those trees at the fence line go all the way around the field now and the dirt on the other side of the runway now has wild grass they are working on mowing... Almost all the sagebrush is gone... They just keep making it better and better!