• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

teookie

70cc twin V2
Like me....I'm grumpy!!! :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

SteveT

Hey I can see the writing on the wall for me already. I'm getting grouchier all the time!

But you don't hate 3D.

To be fair, I used to get a lot of complaints about my flying there, but lately the complaints have all turned into compliments. I guess they are starting to recognize 3D as a valid type of flying. Plus they probably realized just how hard it is. So the next step is to start attending the meetings so that when I eventually do make a suggestion, it will be received well. This will be two months in a row for me, a personal best!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey I can see the writing on the wall for me already. I'm getting grouchier all the time!

To be fair, I used to get a lot of complaints about my flying there, but lately the complaints have all turned into compliments. I guess they are starting to recognize 3D as a valid type of flying. Plus they probably realized just how hard it is. So the next step is to start attending the meetings so that when I eventually do make a suggestion, it will be received well. This will be two months in a row for me, a personal best!

congrats on your efforts to promote 3d flying!
I'm happy to see you acting as an ambassador for 3d flying, getting it more accepted by the people there

Last edited by a moderator:

zmonster97

Yup, I've been starting to go to meetings for my club as well. Luckily my club isn't that against 3d. I think there is a few that don't really like it, but a lot of people know me there. I think I've been to 4 or 5 straight meetings.

ryan_m

100cc

then get yourself elected safety officer like I did. Then you don't have to worry about having the safety police of the club told on your flying :D

SnowDog

congrats on your efforts to promote 3d flying!
I'm happy to see you acting as an ambassador for 3d flying, getting it more accepted by the people there

Yup, I've been starting to go to meetings for my club as well. Luckily my club isn't that against 3d. I think there is a few that don't really like it, but a lot of people know me there. I think I've been to 4 or 5 straight meetings.

then get yourself elected safety officer like I did. Then you don't have to worry about having the safety police of the club told on your flying :D

Yep - I've been club secretary for the last two years, that at least gives me a voice. This year I'm going for club president, then I can really have a voice for 3D flyers at our club!

njswede

150cc
I used to be a code monkey for many, many years, but got tired of the under-appreciation and stagnation in pay raises. So now I'm a sales engineer. I miss coding a lot, though! (That's a cue for you, Gary!)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well Hot Damn.... Jim T Graham just made a dramatic 180 on me. Guess we're eating too much into his advertising revenue. On our last phone call, he agreed to establish some communication channels between us regarding the rc community and site administrative stuff, and today (the first time I spoke to him since) he declared me a "competitor" and essentially hung up on me. So, I guess my below impression of him was way off, and he, like the rest over there, are not motivated by anything other than greenbacks.

Interestingly enough, I contacted him regarding a community issue where we could have worked together to improve things... I guess I should just be a competitor again. Truly Sad...

Just off a 30 minute phone call with one ************* from RCG. We cleared the air between us, and I've gotta say that he seems like a nice enough guy over the phone...

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Well Hot Damn.... Jim T Graham just made a dramatic 180 on me. Guess we're eating too much into his advertising revenue. On our last phone call, he agreed to establish some communication channels between us regarding the rc community and site administrative stuff, and today (the first time I spoke to him since) he declared me a "competitor" and essentially hung up on me. So, I guess my below impression of him was way off, and he, like the rest over there, are not motivated by anything other than greenbacks.

Interestingly enough, I contacted him regarding a community issue where we could have worked together to improve things... I guess I should just be a competitor again. Truly Sad...

Sad truth. All about the advertising dollars over there, and Hobbyking is a spreading disease.gyro why do we even have a section for HK airplanes?

SteveT.

100cc
Sad truth. All about the advertising dollars over there, and Hobbyking is a spreading disease.gyro why do we even have a section for HK airplanes?

Some people do like to fly them, as they are less expensive than the "premium spread", but there will to the best of my knowledge never be any HK sponsorship on 3DRCForums!!

SteveT