• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
I just thought I would try it since all I've done us thumbs. I really found I had a lot more control. Hopefully it's just as comfrotable when I'm out flying with transmitter hanging from neck. Will see. Looking at weather again looks no flying till at least Wednesday here and even that might be iffy. Ugh

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I'm debating the switch to pinch from thumbs myself...
Of course it is all a personal feeling but I feel I am so much more locked in using pinch than thumbs. You should benefit from it to Gary because of the strap that you use not needing to really hold onto the transmitter.

Turnerm

50cc
The 3DRCForums -OFF TOPIC- Thread

I pinch the right stick and use my thumb on the left. No clue why... It's just what I did the first time I picked up a transmitter.

SnowDog

I'm debating the switch to pinch from thumbs myself...

Been known to do a bit of both....

SteveT

I just thought I would try it since all I've done us thumbs. I really found I had a lot more control. Hopefully it's just as comfrotable when I'm out flying with transmitter hanging from neck. Will see. Looking at weather again looks no flying till at least Wednesday here and even that might be iffy. Ugh

I've considered the switch as well...tried it a few times on RF but it felt so awkward...guess I need to give it more time.
I think I'll make this one of my winter projects so I have plenty of time to work on the muscle memory using RF before I try this on a real plane.
Weather for next weekend looks positive...hopefully it holds up...it's been three weeks since I've been able to fly!

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
I pinch the right stick and use my thumb on the left. No clue why... It's just what I did the first time I picked up a transmitter.

exactly what i used to do. I find using my thumb on the left stick gives me better throttle control, but slightly less rudder control :( i pinched the right stick for more precison though. i need to get longer sticks for my dx5e because on spektrum radios the sticks are too inset for good control. with my small hands, whenever i pinched the left stick the rim around the stick gets in the way. now i pinch both because my neck strap lets me concentrate on not having to hold the TX. neckstraps are reallly useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
I used to use thumb and i used to use a neck strap. Then i went to pinching and a neck strap. Then i got rid of the neck strap. The neck strap is useful sometimes but not when you accidentally hit the throttle with it when you are going for your plane :) I feel like i still have a good grip on my TX while pinching.

SteveT.

100cc
I have often thought about switching to "the pinch", but I got so used to flying without a strap, that I really don't like using one. For me, it is a hold-over from my days of flying nitro planes and helis. One really good way to get hurt while flying nitro planes is to let a transmitter dangle and have it hit the prop, or as Joe said, for the strap to hit the throttle. With the advent of electric planes, there is not so much danger, as you don't need to get near a spinning prop (no needle valve adjustments etc.) of course you do still have this danger with gas planes.

SteveT

Last edited by a moderator: