• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

ryan_m

100cc
I think the 71" Slick and 64" MXS are probably my favorite two planes also, though it depends on my mood about which is the top. If I'm in the mood for high speed violence the 64 probably wins. But otherwise the 71 takes the cake.
If you want a blend... well the 70" Velox is a nice bridge. It has much of the violence of the 64, but also most of the smoothness and wind handling of the 71. It rounds out the top 3 favorites in my hangar.

gyro

GSN Contributor
The 3DRCForums -OFF TOPIC- Thread

I think the 71" Slick and 64" MXS are probably my favorite two planes also, though it depends on my mood about which is the top. If I'm in the mood for high speed violence the 64 probably wins. But otherwise the 71 takes the cake.
If you want a blend... well the 70" Velox is a nice bridge. It has much of the violence of the 64, but also most of the smoothness and wind handling of the 71. It rounds out the top 3 favorites in my hangar.

That's awesome news Ryan! I've got the 70" Slick and 64" MXS, and feel exactly as you do about them, so I'm now really anxious to start building my Velox so I can have that middle plane :)

quadracer

100cc
The 3DRCForums -OFF TOPIC- Thread

It hasn't been a problem here yet, but I'm sure it will be at some point... Spam bots have, over the past few days, absolutely destroyed a motorcycle forum I frequent. I'm talking hundreds of them, all starting threads that are complete gibberish, usually in Chinese. Just a heads up. :)

Vinyl

New vinyl ready to go on my cap!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354636265915.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354636265915.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 183

Turnerm

50cc
Finally got myself an RC work bench so no more CA stains on the kitchen counter, dining room table or living room floor! In case you're in the market for one, I can highly recommend this one:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...&productId=203083493&R=203083493#.ULpo44bWdRs

Super sturdy and dirt cheap. What's not to like? (And made in the US)

I've just been using a fold-up table that is about the same size as the table you referenced and it works very well. Plus, it's easy to fold up and put against the wall when not in use. This is the one...

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...d=10053&langId=-1&keyword=table&storeId=10051

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

My brother helped me build a work bench that is built *strong*...maybe he should sell the design to Home Depot? :)

Haven't had the chance to go fly in like a week :( Musical auditions are crazy!

For a work bench, I'm just... using... our... dining room table... Lol :peace:

G.P.

70cc twin V2
I did that for a while too...until I had the throttle channel reversed on my hotliner with a carbon prop. Then my wife got a brand new dinning room table and hutch, and I got an almost new dedicated hobby table with a few deep gouges in it! :ashamed:

Trust me, save yourself $3000 worth of hobby funds and buy a $100 hobby table! :banghead: :megaroll:

:banana: :flyer: :banana:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I did that for a while too...until I had the throttle channel reversed on my hotliner with a carbon prop. Then my wife got a brand new dinning room table and hutch, and I got an almost new dedicated hobby table with a few deep gouges in it! :ashamed:

Trust me, save yourself $3000 worth of hobby funds and buy a $100 hobby table! :banghead: :megaroll:

:banana: :flyer: :banana:

Our dining room table still has the gouges on it from a helicopter idle up accident that saw me dive under the table while the 450's blades shredded themselves all over the table. Luckily they weren't CF.

-G