• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

quadracer

100cc
We've got about $2k worth of fireworks set up for tonight, we put on a pretty big show every year. Usually a 50/50 mix of artillery shells and big cakes. :)

wedoitall

you guys running CC esc, what do you have your start power set to? 100%?

pwm rate is 8khz?

whats the safest for LVC. soft, pulse, rpm reduction?

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I never messed with the start settings... disable the lvc completely... rather lose a battery than a plane.

jmart95

70cc twin V2
I never messed with the start settings... disable the lvc completely... rather lose a battery than a plane.

That's how I feel about it as well. I always try and stay on the safe side, I fly the 48 in planes for 3:30 and have about 35% left in the pack, so lvc isn't a big issue, but I'd hate to be doing a torque roll or rollers right on the deck and lose power.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Video of the final flight;
[video=youtube;ivmuBIpoduM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivmuBIpoduM[/video]

That's awesome Sam! Good job on the ignition part... was probably hard to guarantee success like that.
Did the plane survive? And post flight photos of the plane?