• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
You can sometimes get really good deals used tools on Craigslist, something like a drill press is the kind of thing that people will get rid of cheap. Or you can get your time wasted by idiots, it's kind of a crap shoot.

Failing that, Harbor Freight like Gary said is a great option for cheap but functional tools. Nothing there is super high quality but for something you use a few times a year it's awesome.

hone

150cc
Harbor freight

You can sometimes get really good deals used tools on Craigslist, something like a drill press is the kind of thing that people will get rid of cheap. Or you can get your time wasted by idiots, it's kind of a crap shoot.

Failing that, Harbor Freight like Gary said is a great option for cheap but functional tools. Nothing there is super high quality but for something you use a few times a year it's awesome.

Thanks guys!

I found one on Craigslist for a good deal so I'll probably go with that.

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Quick poll. I have two Spektrum RX's already and want a new radio. I don't mind switching brands as I only have the two. I can get the 14SG for $500 or the DX9 for $450. What should I go for?

gyro

GSN Contributor
If you've already got the Speky stuff, the dx9 is a nice radio. The Hitec aroura9x is in your price range too... Take a look at that one also

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
If you've already got the Speky stuff, the dx9 is a nice radio. The Hitec aroura9x is in your price range too... Take a look at that one also

Thanks! I've flown both the A9X and 14SG, and I'm thinking whatever I get will go on a Secraft Tray
Edit: I also like lower resolution (I can't reach corners pinching the DX7S)

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Has anyone heard that the owner of Aerobeez is stepping aside?

Yeah, he called me to tell me about it. Really is too bad, he was such a passionate owner, and truly cared about his customers.
Here is his message:

Dear customers & friends,

This is Alan, the founder of Aerobeez. I would like to take a moment to thank you for your kind support in the past. It has been a great honor to serve you in the past and also a great pride and joy for me to bring you quality products. I really appreciate all the kind comments and support from all of you along the way. It has been the greatest reward for me. And I will treasure all the interaction with you from emails, social medias, shows and events. You guys are truly awesome.

It is sad for me to have to tell you that my journey with Aerobeez will be coming to an end by the end of May. I will be leaving the company due to personal reasons. However, my current business partners will be taking ownership of the company and will continue to strive to provide you with great service and products. For questions and support inquiries regarding Aerobeez sales and products please continue to email to support@aerobeez.com.

Starting from now, I will no longer reply from the official Aerobeez emails and social media accounts. However, if you would like to connect with me, I can be reached at Alan.rcflying@gmail.com.

Words cannot describe how much I love the hobby and being a part of it. I will be looking forward to serving you in other areas of the hobby and meeting you again in shows and events. Until then, please have fun flying and a big thanks again to all of you!

Sincerely,

Alan Hui
Founder of Aerobeez

SnowDog

Yeah that email was sent too everyone on the Aerobeez mailing list...I received a copy of it as well. Sad to see him leave.