• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

fireynz

New to GSN!
Hi does anyone know if the fuel filters sold by Redwing are compatible with gas?
These are the ones with the clear barrel and the aluminium ends that screw on with the tiny filter inside
After 3 flights with my Hangar 9 Carden yak, DLE 55 RA I noticed a smell of fuel and after investigation found that the fuel filter had gone all soft and was leaking and probably would have failed on the next flight.
I have e-mailed Redwing with my concerns twice over 2 weeks but have still received no reply, also it appears there website is down
Has anyone seen this problem with their filters

Thanks.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hi does anyone know if the fuel filters sold by Redwing are compatible with gas?
These are the ones with the clear barrel and the aluminium ends that screw on with the tiny filter inside
After 3 flights with my Hangar 9 Carden yak, DLE 55 RA I noticed a smell of fuel and after investigation found that the fuel filter had gone all soft and was leaking and probably would have failed on the next flight.
I have e-mailed Redwing with my concerns twice over 2 weeks but have still received no reply, also it appears there website is down

Thanks.

I'll make sure you get an answer ASAP.

Personally, I own planes from 30cc to 123cc size, and have never had a separate filter. Maybe I should be, but having a filtering clunk works fine for me

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey [MENTION=3418]fireynz[/MENTION]

they certainly should be. We've sold hundreds and haven't heard a single other complaint on them.

Who did you email? we reply within 24 hours to email and phone almost 100% of the time. For some reason it is not getting through.

PS the site has been up all weekend. We did a sale and have almost a hundred orders. So it seems most people were logging on fine. Not sure if you are in an area that has an outage on the WAY to our site

Please email craig@redwingrc.com and he'll get you taken care of or PM me here just in case your email is being blocked or bouncing

SnowDog

Thanks.

I am not sure about the fuel filters sold by Redwing RC, but since they sell only gas and electric setups (i.e. not glow) then I can't imagine why they would sell non-gas-compatible fuel filters. Are you referring to the filter with the visible window and the fine felt filter?

http://www.redwingrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_26&products_id=256

I also don't use a fuel filter other than the felt clunk in the tank, which I purchase from Wrongwayrc.com.

Also, not sure about the web site issue, it is not down for me, and I check it regularly (like every few hours)...it was up and working last night as well.
What kind of message do you get when you attempt to access the RedwingRC web site?

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Just ordered the medium and large switch caps and the balancer for my DX7S. If I have to live with it for awhile, I might as well spruce it up a bit!

uploadfromtaptalk1409712613548.jpguploadfromtaptalk1409712621601.jpg great work by Dennis at keg [MENTION=2466]Superstocktx[/MENTION]