• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Bipenut53

150cc
Ok so don't like drones.... Get an eagle!!!!

[video=youtube;UzuANVb9Bds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzuANVb9Bds[/video]

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah don't think I like the idea of the eagles getting hurt. It would just be a matter of time until some ahole fixes there quad or whatever with lethal blades or some other form of destructive gear. That motherf****r with the eagle should have a proper ass whooping for doing it.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
So today I'd ground hogs day, which I have view as telling me I only have 6 weeks to finish building and repairing my planes

;-)

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Well we had a power outage the other day here in Alaska... it was a Bald Eagle. I'm not kidding, yesterday, they're like glorified vultures here in the great white north. I have had to make evasive maneuvers with model aircraft because of an eagle with it's talons stretched out at least three times.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I think we need legislation to regulate eagles since they are a safety issue since you may have to crash your model "drone" and endanger someone on the ground and you may record some video passing a window of the school you are flying at that would invade someone's privacy and that would anger a parent. So, as you can see it is clear that Eagles should be regulated in the interest of safety. Sorry, I was at BOS waiting to commute to JFK where I'll pilot an A330 to Milan tonight. I was listening to the FAA "Know before you fly" video playing at a major airport near you! Got me to think in legislator terms.
I'm back now.
This is funny but not funny haha! Funny sad! We're on the mission to educate after they have attempted to regulate before they educated- what a useless, careless and irresponsible way to address a real threat in a completely inappropriate way. Please keep in mind that states are actively trying to trump FAA rules that have and are being coordinated with AMA. We defeated one in NH a week ago and now RI has entered another in a HB this week which goes even further, no flying near schools! Which effectively shuts down UAS design and technology programs at high schools and URI (as in University). Uninformed, ridiculous, careless, incompetent, useless legislation that we now have to spend valuable personal time, building time, flying time to go "educate" and now after the fact help them
Solve their problems while preserving our pastime. The motivation and listing of the bill- "invasion of privacy by drones". The lawyers are using fear and safety to address the privacy issue. See something say something. Something about a cart and a horse comes to mind???

Not trying to clog the thread just current events is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
HA HA HA Love it. I think they all need to be bagged, tagged and trained by the FAA! Aren't birds a major problem for most airports?!?!?