• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport The Behemoth Yak gets a Behemoth Brother/129" Pilot Yak (2)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I didn't do anything with the new Yak tonight. I've been tied up getting the new Pilot Edge cleared of all it's odd issues. But happily, It is now ready for the balance stands. Then we will go to the original Yak and open up the tattered covering to get some photos for Tony so that I can get the replacement rebuild wood/parts ordered. After that? Oh you know it. I am all over this new Yak.

I did however spend more money today. LOL...and they say women are shoppers. Ha, I can beat them with my eyes closed. Hee hee. I ordered the snake skin covering for the wiring harnesses today. For the main harnesses, It will be Carbon Fiber colored. I think it will look pretty cool. Especially since the scheme of the new Yak is begging for some really cool things. I also talked with Stephanie from B and E graphics. Since they made the graphics for the original Yak, I figured they would still have the files and all they would have to do is make them again. Only this time, in the colors that will match the new Yak. Looking at the fuse, I am thinking they will be cut in the golden color to match the scheme. And the border will be either red or black. I am thinking...maybe, a double border of both? Not sure yet.

I also talked to Supatim from Northwest RC this morning. I inquired about a "G-Force" pilot bust for the new Yak. I just wasn't sure he would have what I wanted. As luck would have it, He has/had the absolute perfect G-Force pilot. It is the large to fit this size plane. And it is...hmm, how did this happen? It is a one off custom scheme not listed on his web site. The RC gods are shinning down on me cause he looks like he is going to be a perfect match.

19020.jpeg

Now how did this happen? Don't really care, cause he is now "MINE" all mine. LOL.

That's about it for the big Yak for now. I will more than likely get started on at least ironing out a few wrinkles tomorrow before I start the assembly/build on this beast.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thanks guys. Yeah, I think I am going to like him just fine. So, I have the wire loom snakeskin ordered and should be here this week. The G-Force pilot is ordered and sent as of today. And if I know Supa, it will be at my doorstep when I get up in the morning. LOL. Tim is just one hell of a top shelf cat. What else, Oh yeah....photos sent to Eric so he can do up the graphics package for the new Yak. They should be done and off in the mail this week also. I still need to locate a set of main wheels for the new Yak. I planned to use the bad ass 5 1/4" Airman wheels from the White Yak, but unfortunately, one did not survive. I will probably have to order (2) sets of White Rose. One set for the original Yak and one set for the new Yak. Unless, someone out there has one 5 1/4" Airman wheel they will part with. "PLEASE"? Damn, this is going to be expensive. LOL. So little by little I am getting everything lined up and all my ducks in a row. When I get ready to tie into this build/assembly, I will have everything in place.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks guys. Yeah, I think I am going to like him just fine. So, I have the wire loom snakeskin ordered and should be here this week. The G-Force pilot is ordered and sent as of today. And if I know Supa, it will be at my doorstep when I get up in the morning. LOL. Tim is just one hell of a top shelf cat. What else, Oh yeah....photos sent to Eric so he can do up the graphics package for the new Yak. They should be done and off in the mail this week also. I still need to locate a set of main wheels for the new Yak. I planned to use the bad ass 5 1/4" Airman wheels from the White Yak, but unfortunately, one did not survive. I will probably have to order (2) sets of White Rose. One set for the original Yak and one set for the new Yak. Unless, someone out there has one 5 1/4" Airman wheel they will part with. "PLEASE"? Damn, this is going to be expensive. LOL. So little by little I am getting everything lined up and all my ducks in a row. When I get ready to tie into this build/assembly, I will have everything in place.
I just ordered a single wheel from airman and he gave me a good deal. It is under new management and met the new owners at JoeNall. Looks promising. Ordered the and received it promptly.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I just ordered a single wheel from airman and he gave me a good deal. It is under new management and met the new owners at JoeNall. Looks promising. Ordered the and received it promptly.
Seriously?! I sent them a message July 5th. Still have not received an answer or reply. I prefer the Airman. But don't want to be waiting on wheels. Any chance you have a better contact source or maybe a telephone number? It sure would be greatly appreciated.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Seriously?! I sent them a message July 5th. Still have not received an answer or reply. I prefer the Airman. But don't want to be waiting on wheels. Any chance you have a better contact source or maybe a telephone number? It sure would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.airmanwheels.com/ This all I have and on the site is contact form. I cannot find telephone number anywhere but still looking.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This is an older card from airman wheels he will be able to give a phone number to get in touch with the new owners, hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1681.JPG
    IMG_1681.JPG
    313.2 KB · Views: 309

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
This is an older card from airman wheels he will be able to give a phone number to get in touch with the new owners, hope this helps.
Thanks my friend. As it would turn out, Jennifer from Airman Wheels emailed me and apologized for not responding sooner. Information is that the 5 1/4" wheels are out of stock and will not be back in stock until sometime in Aug. She did say however, that maybe they could do a special run on one for me. I explained the circumstances and requested as long as I have one before I leave for Huckfest, it will be just fine. I included that I will be ordering a complete set for the original Yak so that it has wheels to sit on once rebuilt.:way_to_go: