• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The BS that went on at NALL on Friday Night

Just learned this. What a sad thing to read, not much to say that hasn't already been said. If it's true that it was Joe Smith that makes it even worse as he is such a great pilot and probably my favorite to watch. I recall a video I watched I think yesterday at this event where someone put their 100"+ bird into the water and Joe was first person in the water to help retrieve the plane. I don't know the details nor do I really care to but I hope things come out positive for all involved. Such an unfortunate instance.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Not going to say "I'm shocked". But I am very disappointed if it is the young man mentioned. To see people with such bright futures and a HUGE privilege do something incredibly stupid to themselves is like being forced to watch something you just can't stand. This is definitely NOT what dreams are supposed to be made off . SAD.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
After some cleaning, scrubbing and finally a pressure washer a fair amount came out. They will still have to fix the coloration and re-seal which is not cheap. They offered a $10,000 reward to find the culprits this morning. By noon I heard that they had figured out who it was. The $10,000 reward was to come out of the 3D line bathhouse expansion fund.

So there you have it, stupidity followed by swift action and we will all pay the price. I have a feeling stupid things going on next year will be shut down extremely quick.
Maybe if someone starts a fund to pay for it, GSN members could chip in. I would be in for $20. It wouldn't take long for Nall participants to hear about the fund and have the money in no time.

SleepyC

150cc
Ok.. so Joe Smith was not the fire guy.. confirmed... I don't think anyone said he was, but if that's where it was going, it was not him.
No word on who it was though, but apparently the Staff at TT knows.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Ok.. so Joe Smith was not the fire guy.. confirmed... I don't think anyone said he was, but if that's where it was going, it was not him.
No word on who it was though, but apparently the Staff at TT knows.
Boy if anyone would know who it was I would have money on Sleepy

SleepyC

150cc
Boy if anyone would know who it was I would have money on Sleepy

Working on exactly that.
The crashed airplane situation, I mean... I'll say that doesn't sound like anything I have not seen at 10000 fly-in's. I myself have purposely put one in from 500 feet. I was not there Friday night so I don't know exactly what was going on, but to me getting all in a wad about that seems a bit extreme. But again, I was not there.

BUT.....the fire deal.. so awful.
That's a punch to the eyeball.

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
Working on exactly that.
The crashed airplane situation, I mean... I'll say that doesn't sound like anything I have not seen at 10000 fly-in's. I myself have purposely put one in from 500 feet. I was not there Friday night so I don't know exactly what was going on, but to me getting all in a wad about that seems a bit extreme. But again, I was not there.

BUT.....the fire deal.. so awful.
That's a punch to the eyeball.
From what I understand..... Mr, Pat asked the pilot in the "crashed airplane situation" , not to return to the "Nall"..... If that is the case, I am sure there is plenty more to the story, than just a few attendees, and Mr. Pat having there panties all bunched up.