• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Can you believe it? Two weekends in a row. I am liking not working on nice warm Saturdays. I am putting them to good use. My son and I decided to make it a 100cc kind of day. Pilot RC 100cc day that is. Weather was so nice we almost needed to pinch ourselves to make sure it was real, not just fantasy. LOL. Oh so real. Weird air though. It really felt very "High" altitude weather today. Air kind of thin. But no wind and very pleasant temps. I can't remember how long it has been since I put five loooooong flights on one airframe in one day. Until today that is. Well worth taking time to go. My sons girlfriend has become my favorite photographer. She does take some good photos. Here are my favorites from today.

20180505_105948.jpg 20180505_105952.jpg 20180505_105956.jpg
20180505_110553.jpg
20180505_110556.jpg 20180505_110558.jpg 20180505_110600.jpg 20180505_110601.jpg 20180505_110602.jpg 20180505_110603.jpg 20180505_110605.jpg
20180505_110613.jpg

So recently I have had the Baby Yak-ster out, the Big Sukhoi, The Edge and of course my little Foamy madness the Twisted Edge. Next time I go I will have to take either the Jtec Pitts or the Behemoth Yak (2). Either one should prove to be just as pleasing and satisfying as the other.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well should listen to guys or something. Was planning to take my Decathlon to JoeNall this summer so I thought let clean up the plane and check everything out. Changed most of the servos and new gas tank and installed an IBec. Well got to the field and the engine was very hard to start got it going after a while but just was not running right. So went home. Bought some new gas and mixed up batch of fuel. Disconnected the IBec and connected a standard 4 cell NiCad pack to the ignition. It started but not great did some tuning and got it better full throttle is better than it ever was but just will not throttle up fast. It is bogging down. Tuned it from lean to rich and could not get rid of it. if I throttle up a little slower it is great.
Maybe I should put a new spark plug in the engine it cannot hurt. Cannot belive I am going through this, this engine has run like Swiss watch from day one for the last 10 years and more.
Why is it just before you have to go to an important advent the plane starts to act up.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Went out to the field again everything seem better. It idled out the run had a flight everything went well in the air flew great top end power better than ever come in for a landing it idled down nicely but when I went to throttle up to get the plane back to the pits engine went dead and could not start it. Back home. Getting confused.

BalsaDust

Took my Flitz 1.5M DLG out after work yesterday. Flew it for two hours or more having a blast learning to handle it. Was completely dead air the last hour which made it fun as I was able to focus on just flying nice and smooth and see how long it would stay up with no lift. Back out again once I get out this afternoon and maybe again in the morning. My arm hurts like crazy now but was worth it.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
After the longest, coldest, wettest and windiest winter I can remember.... @Decal Dennis and I finally made it to the flying field this past Sunday. And guess what, it was cold, wet and windy! :confused:

Our local club had our first Fun Fly of the season Sunday. I got to the field about 9:30 that morning and everything was perfect. No sooner than I started charging batteries and unloading planes the sky opened up and let loose a deluge of rain and wind. The rain let up after about 45 minutes but the wind stuck around for the rest of the day. We still managed to have a little fun wind surfing and BBQing.