Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Buddy5303, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Have you see version 2 of the ARS the wings have been changed and you can buy the wings to update your ARS.

2. rmyers

rmyers 70cc twin V2

Depends where you are in the state. The mountains get snow although this is not a good year up there yet. We are out on the plains where it may snow one day and may get up to 60 degrees the next.

3. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

That sounds like the weather we've been having around here lately. I flew Sunday on a very nice mid 50's and sunny day, and it was snowing the next morning when I left for work. We're repeating that cycle today. It was a very nice day again yesterday, and it's cold as hell right now.

4. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

51 degrees and looking for a high of 60. The sun is shining and the baby Yak says we gots to go play. (Never-ever dispute the calling of your planes.)
    GONE FLYIN'!

Jetpainter, 49dimes, Snoopy1 and 3 others like this.
  5. stangflyer

Dang it anyway! Temperature came up to like 63 degrees and the skies cleared where we have just high layered spaced out clouds. Wind was manageable but....."BUT"....no! No flying for me. Ugh. Got to the field only to discover my darn cf tail leaf had broken right at the end where the tiller stud comes through. And me without a spare leaf. Doah! Guess I will have to locate another.
    forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Snoopy1, 49dimes and rmyers like this.
  6. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

You know that 50cc size you gave me??? :spongebob:. If I can't fly neither can you :big-grin:.

Seriously though.......I did happen upon a Pilot 50cc size carbon leaf when I was tearing all through my junk trying to make a cub Maule tailwheel. Yours if ya want it. I'll even cover the shipping :cautious:. :laughing:

pawnshopmike and stangflyer like this.
  7. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Lol I have knocked tail wheels and slide off my profiles including my big 55cc one. Always just say screw it and drag the rudder and fix it once I get home. Then again I fly off of grass so it doesn’t hurt it too much.

8. stangflyer

Umm... well uh, hmm, lemme think about this, pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Duh! I'll take it. Thanks bro. double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Luchnia, 49dimes and Snoopy1 like this.
  9. stangflyer

Sooo, here I go again. Weather is just too nice to not go flying.

And so here I am and yes, I'm doing it my way...

20180204_104704.jpg

Good weather so why not, right?

20180204_104635.jpg 20180204_104732.jpg

The more I fly this plane, the more I like it. The 106cs is annihilating that Falcon 29x9. Who needs a 120cc engine anyway? Lol
    double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jetpainter, 49dimes and Snoopy1 like this.
  10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Better enjoy while you can the weather here SUCKS it is cold no sun and been snowing for the last week not good starting to have withdrawal symptoms.