• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
What i beautiful backdrop for flying, sorry you damaged your floats you hot dog!
No worries, I feel like I am out of sync with my planes lately only getting brief outings due do weird work schedules between my wife and I and the kiddo (I've had very little sleep the last few days) and I went out this morning because mamma and baby were still asleep. The DLG glider has been a great fix for that. Yesterday on my 1/2hr lunch break I drove to the turf field with the Flitz2 DLG and did three throws, the first two only found small low level bubbles that developed into nothing, by my third flight... wowza I found the lift and decided to come down once my altimeter indicated 700ft agl (really mean at 400ft ;)) it would have just kept going up and needed to get back to work!

Ouch.:( Dang tourists always causing problems for the locals. :p
Seriously though... :too-cool: The tour guide came up to me before the tourists arrived and said to fly that thing as close to the canoe as I felt comfortable so he could get some tips... heh. :beaten:I slapped that thing down about 30 yards along side them by shore.:black-eye:

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well, my friend received his receiver. Already has a problem getting it to hold a bind. It binds but every time he turns it off he has to rebind to get it working again. I wish I was closer to him to help him through this problem...

Sounds like the receiver he received is not receiving.................. ;)

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Took the 89” laser out along with the 75” edge. Both flew great. Need to figure out my throttle response on the laser - was playing with the throttle curve but it’s not helping much. Super peaky at mid range. I’ve never run a canister before and am curious if this is part of the issue.

A4C1DCC4-84AE-478D-B7A1-14880EC8D85C.jpeg 46ACC6C7-5534-4B7D-AE53-6227AF17F519.jpeg

-Rick-

100cc
Took the 89” laser out along with the 75” edge. Both flew great. Need to figure out my throttle response on the laser - was playing with the throttle curve but it’s not helping much. Super peaky at mid range. I’ve never run a canister before and am curious if this is part of the issue.

View attachment 118358 View attachment 118359
Shouldn't be the can. All my planes up till now had can's. Never had that problem. I was told can's can't be tuned. Trust me, I tried.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Shouldn't be the can. All my planes up till now had can's. Never had that problem. I was told can's can't be tuned. Trust me, I tried.

Roger that, It seems strange to me that the engine feels like there is no throttle movement from 1/3-1/2 then just wakes up and starts pulling super hard. Time to investigate. Think I have about five flights on the plane now. It's very consistant so I'm guessing I have a geometry issue... I tried the linear setup 1/2 stick - 1/2 throttle - 1/2 servo movement. I'm thinking about re-doing the throttle to utilize a geometric setup like I have in the ARS which I really like... but maybe my curve is just messed up. o_O

TonyHallo

150cc
Somewhere sometime ago I was told that cans should be installed at the quarter wave length for what it is worth. I normally just make the headers work for the plane. I did build my Christen Eagle around a ZDZ 80RV with the supplied header and JMB can and it has very linear response.