• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Been waiting for the cruise ship season to end here so the flying field will be open. . . Ships have been thinning out but the weather has been quite the stormy/rainy October this fall. . .
5A26B38A-F734-4DA2-B2D9-188B85D7A2B0.jpeg

TonyHallo

150cc
Lots of big planes there too it looks like! Is the Champ the Cream and orange one resting on it's nose? pics? Looks massive
No that was a gull wing Stinson aircraft, not sure what the model name or number. It was a large plane. The owner also flew a Moki radial powered Corsair with folding wings. Right before I left for home he flew the Corsair in formation with a large FA-18 Hornet, was rather nice show.

How does the cruise ships effect the flying area?

TonyHallo

150cc
I have followed the Beechcraft build since day one.
Looks a lot like a Klingon warship in the air. I expected it to cloak any minute. It is impressive and unique but I didn't really care the way it looks while flying, but hey to each to their own.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Made it out! Snuck in a couple flights before it got dark last night. Snow is imminent as it’s dusting the mountains here lately.
This was my first time flying a 120cc at this spot, the 27x11 is a bit quick for landing, putting it in a small slip on decent helped. I’d imagine the prop rip on a 28x10 would be intense as the 27x11 was ripping quietly and still echoed in my little amphitheater of mountains.

IMG_6849.jpeg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I dropped my 14SG a few months ago and found a replacement faster than I could have my original repaired. A few hours after buying the replacement 14SG I found a great deal on an 18SZ. I finally got around to moving the info over to the SZ and linking to my planes.

Nice radio, better feel than the SG for sure. And the weather was awesome (some wind).

IMG_0150-compressed.jpeg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm still sporting the 18SZ, I got to hold the 26 and it's sleeker which I kind of dislike for throwing gliders. The 18SZ has been bullet proof for me.