• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I am running hv servos(7950s) in my 42 center but I had to reg my lipos down with a turbo reg cause the rudder and elev. jumped around on Hv but they don't on 6.5v. Its rock solid now:big_yes:
Are you running the original version 7950's Paul? Reason I ask is I was afraid I would run into the same problem but was assured when I purchased mine, (7950's) the firmware had been updated. I am not reg'ing them down and they are whisper smooth, quiet and solid. In fact, no reg on the 7954's in the Pilot Edge, no reg on the 7954's in the PAU, no reg on the 40% 260. Everything I have is jitter free.

emtp275

100cc
@combat chicken If your out tomorrow well talk, If you dont have the servos yet the ones i have in the 72 are great for the money and you can use just a Sport Plus with no reg and have stupid fast servos hehehe its fun that way, Or @ChickenBalls can show you how we set his up with the Pin Flag on is original smart fly either way, Oh and disclaimer I had nothing to do with that 2nd set up that comes with the battery eject feature so Im interested in how he pulled that one off. HAHAHA

flycanic

70cc twin V2
I have been using the SF Power Expander Pro's since they first came out in my 30cc 50cc and 85cc planes. When I mentioned these to guys back then. They could not under stand why? They referred to them more as a POCKET EXPANDER and thought they were more hipe then anything. I am just starting on a 40 % which will have the Competition 12 Turbo Plus with the flag and Pin set up, an the MKS HV 777 servo's DA 170 and pro-Flow cans.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I have been using the SF Power Expander Pro's since they first came out in my 30cc 50cc and 85cc planes. When I mentioned these to guys back then. They could not under stand why? They referred to them more as a POCKET EXPANDER and thought they were more hipe then anything. I am just starting on a 40 % which will have the Competition 12 Turbo Plus with the flag and Pin set up, an the MKS HV 777 servo's DA 170 and pro-Flow cans.
That will be one unbreakable setup!

crashflow

70cc twin V2
Are you running the original version 7950's Paul? Reason I ask is I was afraid I would run into the same problem but was assured when I purchased mine, (7950's) the firmware had been updated. I am not reg'ing them down and they are whisper smooth, quiet and solid. In fact, no reg on the 7954's in the Pilot Edge, no reg on the 7954's in the PAU, no reg on the 40% 260. Everything I have is jitter free.
@stangflyer I bought them all used(Like everything I own) so I am sure they are probably the old ones. I was worried about the decrease in speed and torque because of less voltage but that big plane is awesome to fly as it is! @flycanic that sounds like a nice bird. nice to finally put a face to the name when I met you the other day.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
@stangflyer I bought them all used(Like everything I own) so I am sure they are probably the old ones. I was worried about the decrease in speed and torque because of less voltage but that big plane is awesome to fly as it is! @flycanic that sounds like a nice bird. nice to finally put a face to the name when I met you the other day.
Same Here @crashflow The Pilot Sbach 40% has been sitting in the hangar going on 4 years know LOL!! The wings had damage to them that I didn't catch at time of deliver had to skin the bottom covering on both wings and repair quite a few broken ribs, then lay the covering back down. They had also ran a fork clear through the fuse Box that just missed the back side of the canopy hatch My mistake. One that I will not ever make again. The guys up in Montana Have a cash pool going on when they will see it Fly. Great to put a face to your handle also. Later Paul.

Yakman

70cc twin V2
It was so nice here yesterday, i went flying in the morning and again late afternoon. Afternoon flying was good for crosswind takeoff and landings.