• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
On a lighter note, THE WEEKEND IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!

Getting out early today, so I'm going to use that time wisely and do some tweaking to the airplanes :)

Yakman

70cc twin V2
It was a little cooler here today, with a light breeze. Got a few flights with a yak. It looks to be a much nicer flying day tomorrow.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
Weather looks good here today but I have to go pour some basement walls and make some money. Maybe it will still be nice this afternoon when I get back

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Bored out of my mind, I look up at the darkening sky and I ponder....."Why"??? "Why do you have to be like this?" Then I thought about it. Ah heck, no dark sky is gonna stop me. I loaded up the Pilot Edge and headed for the field. Once there, I was surprised to find next to now wind and though it was over cast, I figured the Purple and Black Edge will be just fine against the Grey. I said to myself, "I came to fly". And fly I did. I kinda beat the snot outta that little airframe. Straight up vertical climbs, stall and snap into a wicked knife edge spin, release the rudder and flatten out into an inverted flat spin. Drop the throttle, rotate and harrier in for a one inch off the deck hover. Punch out to do some blenders then attempting some rolling circles with the Pilot. Up again full steam, turn down wind...(It was starting to kick up by the second flight) roll over inverted, drop one wing slightly and push up into some really awesome Pop-Top Cartwheels. Ok, so I was by myself but I had a great time flying today. Damn, I hated coming home. But...tomorrow is another day. :yesss:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I at least got out for a little while this afternoon. I put the first flight of the year on my heli. Even though I was only there for a little while, I had fun and nobody complained or told me I was breaking nonexistent rules. It was a good day.

Not without costing me money though. I bought a 35% Edge sight unseen from a club member. It was too cheap to pass up and this guy doesn't own any junk so we'll see.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
I finally know what it feels like to be sliced bread. Two young men from the college were at the field tonight when I went out and thought that I did some pretty nice flying. I even had to put an extra flight on the yak cause the one fella called his wife to come out and watch me fly! judging by the drool I think I have them hooked on big gas planes:D

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I AM BANGING STICKS TOMORROW!!! Enough of this "house" crap! AHHHHHH!
Well it's about time Kelly. All work and no flying makes for a very dull boy.
I at least got out for a little while this afternoon. I put the first flight of the year on my heli. Even though I was only there for a little while, I had fun and nobody complained or told me I was breaking nonexistent rules. It was a good day.

Not without costing me money though. I bought a 35% Edge sight unseen from a club member. It was too cheap to pass up and this guy doesn't own any junk so we'll see.
Oh awesome. Any good deal is worth taking a little risk on right?
I finally know what it feels like to be sliced bread. Two young men from the college were at the field tonight when I went out and thought that I did some pretty nice flying. I even had to put an extra flight on the yak cause the one fella called his wife to come out and watch me fly! judging by the drool I think I have them hooked on big gas planes:D
That is cool Paul.... Way to go!!! Git dem boiys hooked. Then ya can spend all your time teachin' them the goooood stuff! LOL