• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The 4 favorite landing techniques here are:
1. chop the throttle about 100 feet from the end of the runway and 200 feet up, dive and panic and pull vertical and tip stall about 50 feet short from 20 feet up.
2. panic and give it full down elevator until the prop breaks and it slows down or flips anytime you actually get over the runway
3. miss the runway completely and land in the stuff they call grass and rip the landing gear off, it will skid to a stop eventually.
4. just aim for the pit fence.....that will stop it!

All can be observed on any given day. Fun to watch and it keeps the local hobby stores in business, so I encourage all of these techniques! :banana-dance:
And don't forget the one that bounces so high on the third bounce that it stalls, dips a wing, and does a little cartwheel.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The 4 favorite landing techniques here are:
1. chop the throttle about 100 feet from the end of the runway and 200 feet up, dive and panic and pull vertical and tip stall about 50 feet short from 20 feet up.
2. panic and give it full down elevator until the prop breaks and it slows down or flips anytime you actually get over the runway
3. miss the runway completely and land in the stuff they call grass and rip the landing gear off, it will skid to a stop eventually.
4. just aim for the pit fence.....that will stop it!

All can be observed on any given day. Fun to watch and it keeps the local hobby stores in business, so I encourage all of these techniques! :banana-dance:
I think my favorite is the guy that is "the fields best pilot" (or so he claims).... that he is doing the twist and the mashed potato and the waltz all at the same time he is arching his back, legs and leaning from side to side with his transmitter in hand (nearly upside down at times). Full on powered decent, crosses the threshold at mach nine..... then forces poor little electric powered plane into the hardened asphalt and pieces scatter the entire 500' distance. Then as said pilot turns to many onlookers whistling a coy tune.... asks, "Did you see that? I had no control"!! LMAO

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I think my favorite is the guy that is "the fields best pilot" (or so he claims).... that he is doing the twist and the mashed potato and the waltz all at the same time he is arching his back, legs and leaning from side to side with his transmitter in hand (nearly upside down at times). Full on powered decent, crosses the threshold at mach nine..... then forces poor little electric powered plane into the hardened asphalt and pieces scatter the entire 500' distance. Then as said pilot turns to many onlookers whistling a coy tune.... asks, "Did you see that? I had no control"!! LMAO

Hey! You have not seen me fly in PERSON!?:laughing:

garlandk

100cc
And don't forget the one that bounces so high on the third bounce that it stalls, dips a wing, and does a little cartwheel.
Lol that video I posted almost fit this.... But there was no getting out of that situation....def flying FPV it's hard to tell what's happening sometimes. Plus it wasn't a stall like the old guys do with their warbirds! :)

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Seen lots of radio hits :lol2:
Hey! You have not seen me fly in PERSON!?:laughing:
Rob's just hatein on my flying SKILLZZZ

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Seen lots of radio hits :lol2:

Rob's just hatein on my flying SKILLZZZ
Nuthin but love for you Donnnie.....Hee hee
We have a magic spot at our field that gets blamed for all kinds of interference. It makes a nice place to fly because most everyone else stays away from it. ;)
Oh you have one of those spots too? No way... our "Bermuda Triangle" was supposed to be one of a kind. I'm bummed that there are more of them out there.
:dancing-chicken: