• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
@49dimes didn't crash. He was just practicing his GOF warbird landings. Perfect, right down to ending up in the pits
Here is a little visual reference for some of the less than spectacular flying at our field. One of the Warbird guys was taking off his Zero from the area marked Future Runway heading south, which is toward the bottom of the photo. If you look at the lower part of the photo and see the small silver roofed building at the lower right behind the trees, that's a Quonset hut. Some how he managed to hit it on takeoff.

Also if you look at where it says "170 feet" and look to the left where the left pointing arrow is you'll see two small tables just above the big building that are well behind the flight line. One of the club board members managed to fly right over my head when I was working at one of those tables. The best part was he was taking off to the East from the runway marked "Proposed runway". That's some fancy flying. But according to him I'm dangerous because I fly a helicopter.
Proposed-Runway2.jpg

Yeah, that little mishap made an already bad traffic situation in ATL a horrendous traffic situation. I was just up the road from there when it happened, made me late for every appt today!

BJ Swope

garlandk

100cc

This just might fly tonight! Has an autopilot and FPV stuff on board. Of course I will be keeping it LOS...but the current setup could go 5 miles if I really wanted to.....but no way in the world I would do that...