• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
He's driving a dodge truck and trailer don't match back doors to close to post grass not raked nobody around wind sock limp its Sunday he's to early lets see
I was going to say in my original post that I didn't want to hear the Dodge/Chevy/Ford thing, but I didn't! :D

Grass not raked IS a pet peeve of mine, but I can't complain because I don't ever have to mow! (that is one good thing about the FOGS! Hey, I'll give credit where credit is due!)

Astro

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Can anyone spot what is wrong in the pictures below?

View attachment 19412 View attachment 19413

Let's see if any of you can spot what is wrong!!

Regards,

Astro
Okay, it was a trick question! There is absolutely nothing wrong with either of those pictures:
- sunny, CHECK
- warm, CHECK
- no wind, CHECK
- freshly cut grass, CHECK
- no FOGS, CHECK

The worst thing was that I had to unlock the gate!!! LOL
Got to the field at 10:30 a.m. and got home at 8:00 p.m.! (pictures were from yesterday). Flew the Ultimate, Extra, T-28 and the Crack Yak. AWESOME day of flying!

Today? Time to pay the piper.......keeping mama happy by sticking around the house and getting the yard work done!

Regards,

Astro

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I've had some good days of flying. I've had some really awesome days of flying. Today was one of those most bodacious awesome days. I've been doing some practicing on the RF 7.5 and have been having some fun just playing around. But you never realize just how much fun it can be to turn what you are learning on a computer generated software game into real world experience. Pulling up into a hover, holding it, transitioning to a aileron torque roll, transitioning into a rolling circle from that, then completing a complete rolling circle transitioning into a right rudder knife edge and finishing with a 3/4 slow roll, then into a straight up climb, stall turn and down and straight and level back across the runway rippin' that Falcon for all she is worth. I don't think anything can spoil my exhilarated high right now. And the 260 value just went up to like oh, I dunno..... $15,000.00. That plane can make the most stinking worst pilot look like he is rockin' the field.

Needless to say, @Shayne Epley blazed the joint in the most amazing blast off's and snap rolls, huge round loops in huge blankets of smoke! I've flown some very cool planes, but that Big Ass Edge is one of the finest, (and most fun) I think I can ever remember flying. I may not be at "NALL", but I sure had a darn good time today.

bad ass toys.jpg

Last edited:
Think I'm actually starting to miss driving to the field to fly with my GS buddies at Columbus Big Birds. A couple of them have offered to come pick me and my gear up and have a fun ass day at the field.

I'm planning on a day out there with those guys over Memorial Day weekend!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Think I'm actually starting to miss driving to the field to fly with my GS buddies at Columbus Big Birds. A couple of them have offered to come pick me and my gear up and have a fun ass day at the field.

I'm planning on a day out there with those guys over Memorial Day weekend!!
Awesome Chris. Have a really great time. And don't rush home from the field too soon. You deserve some flyin' time.

Well, hoping to get to a heli fly in this Sat after I pick up my mail from the house on Friday.

Getting tired of flying helis for the time being. Damn..... Still have 4 3S packs charged up for my 180 heli.