• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

Glad you got a little reprieve from the heat and got to go flying. Especially if you get to share the day with your son. Funny thing is, I went to the flying field this morning and NOBODY showed up for the 90 minutes I waited. So I packed up and went home, because I do not like to fly by myself. The day wasn't a total loss because I stopped by the LHS and picked up the servo's for my next plane. . . . . . . .:brian-banana:
Sweet... another plane up and coming. Excited for you.
I had the PAU in a couple of perfect hovers at arms length. I was so close to reaching out to grab it. Wow, what a rush. Ah but all good things must end. Had to pack up and come home before it got too hot outside. Tomorrow is another day. Pretty sure I'm taking out your favorite ride David. Yup, the 260. I'm feeling the need to "reach out and touch" her while she's blasting bad ass 157 exhaust and prop blast in my face.:banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yep. Had a great day with @emtp275, @mulehead1969, and of course @ChickenBalls. Special thanks to all 3 of those guys for picking up the food for our Sandhills Model Aircraft Club annual 4th of July cookout. Was a great time with Warren cooking, Donnie being, well Donnie :LOL_gif:and Justin putting on an :epic:epic air show. :big-grin:Big grins on all our faces.
Dang, I sure wish I could come wail with you guys. Ya'll have too much fun.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hope to get this bird in the air for Roger tomorrow with the cowl and pants on. Full on restoration complete. Hope to get some vid too!

I am really liking this plane:cautious: Don't think to many 20 year old chipmunk kits flying around these days.

221.jpg
222.jpg
223.jpg
236.jpg
235.jpg
231.jpg

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
@mulehead1969 , myself, and James were only brave souls to wander out today. We burned some fuel, got Warren to try snap roll, man he liked it, he was balling her up, couldn't get James to try it, but we did work on his approaches, and landings. Warren even got threw to him that the left stick didn't need to be bent over the top to fly.:lol2:The humidity got to be to much, so we all ran for some AC.

emtp275

100cc
@mulehead1969 , myself, and James were only brave souls to wander out today. We burned some fuel, got Warren to try snap roll, man he liked it, he was balling her up, couldn't get James to try it, but we did work on his approaches, and landings. Warren even got threw to him that the left stick didn't need to be bent over the top to fly.:lol2:The humidity got to be to much, so we all ran for some AC.
All Donkeys!!