• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

yakken

100cc
New toy!!!
View attachment 32511

Flew it once this morning with a totally unfamiliar transmitter. Most nervous I have ever been since I solo'd over 10 years ago :eek::eek::oblong::D

This gas engine stuff will take some getting used to :oblong::confused:
You are going to love it. I am pushing 1400 flights on mine. I will never be without a 35 cent pilot yak 54. They are tough. I have pancaked mine twice and the airframe has held up. Cant say as much for the engine on the last pancake but @Jedijody hooked me the hell up.[emoji106]

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Flew the Extra last weekend for the first time since I took the gear out a month ago. I added canisters and a 28x9 Falcon cf prop and what a difference! The only issue I have is the low end. I ordered a carb for it because the rod for the butterfly is really sloppy and I believe that there is an air leak around it at the low end which is causing it to be beyond finicky to get a decent idle to set. Once the engine is on the high end of the carb it is a freakin monster! It is turning the 28x9 a LOT faster than the Xoar 27x10 and the 3W 27x10 wood props that I had on it.

A friend has a 3w-106 TOC that I am going to bolt on tonight and see how it runs compared to the standard 106iB2 that is on there now. If this engine runs like the 150TOC that is on the big Edge, I am going to need more prop to keep it from ripping. I guess there are worse problems to have :)
That TOC should be an animal on that plane. Let me know how it works out.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
You are going to love it. I am pushing 1400 flights on mine. I will never be without a 35 cent pilot yak 54. They are tough. I have pancaked mine twice and the airframe has held up. Cant say as much for the engine on the last pancake but @Jedijody hooked me the hell up.[emoji106]

I have a spare Pilot Edge 540 35% coming my way too, for a spare. Going to huck the snot out of this Yak :D:mario-banana:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I've really been wanting a 35% Yak 54. Almost bought one before the Purple Brother. Hmmm, I do have an extra new 111, and rx., and Opto-Kill and SF, and batteries and servos and prop, and spinner....(Oh yeah, won't need one with a Pilot)....Hell, I might just as well get one. I gots ever-stuff else. LOL