• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Made it out late afternoon early evening and flew my purple 30% Edge yesterday. Made me feel good after loosing the 25% Edge. Flew ol purple with the 14SG for the first time and it was solid.

Rob...Your new purple banger is awesome! @stangflyer
Good on ya Kelly. Glad you got back on the horse and didn't let the loss hold you back. But see? Been tellin' ya big is beautiful. The bigger the better. :dancing-chicken:
Kelly I'm in process of switching over planes to a new radio system also.
Which radio Donnie?

Taking both Purple brothers flying tomorrow. Lil DLE single and big bad ass four banger brother.
:banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance:

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Good on ya Kelly. Glad you got back on the horse and didn't let the loss hold you back. But see? Been tellin' ya big is beautiful. The bigger the better. :dancing-chicken:

Which radio Donnie?

Taking both Purple brothers flying tomorrow. Lil DLE single and big bad ass four banger brother.
:banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance:
I got the Aurora 9X, me LIKEYYYY We tested it in an old glow plane that @emtp275 had, and from the first few laps, I could fill the crisp/connected filling. I put it over into my Sukhoi, and am really liking it.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I got the Aurora 9X, me LIKEYYYY We tested it in an old glow plane that @emtp275 had, and from the first few laps, I could fill the crisp/connected filling. I put it over into my Sukhoi, and am really liking it.
Oh yeah... duh! Love my A9X. Just wish Hitec would come up to speed on radio's like the other manufacturers. Are you using the Optima 7, 9 or Maxima rx's? I've been wanting to give the Maxima a try. Better resolution matched with the lower latency of the 9X, it would be awesome.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Oh yeah... duh! Love my A9X. Just wish Hitec would come up to speed on radio's like the other manufacturers. Are you using the Optima 7, 9 or Maxima rx's? I've been wanting to give the Maxima a try. Better resolution matched with the lower latency of the 9X, it would be awesome.
I'm using the opti 9's, if I get in on the buy rx at half price deal, I may try a maxima. I'll really know more about where I am with this radio, when I get my slick on it. I can tell you this, the step up is very noticable

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm using the opti 9's, if I get in on the buy rx at half price deal, I may try a maxima. I'll really know more about where I am with this radio, when I get my slick on it. I can tell you this, the step up is very noticable
Yup! When I switched from my A9 to the 9X, I noticed a huge improvement. Primarily because the A9 is only 1024 resolution on your servo accuracy.

emtp275

100cc
I can't say that it is better I dont have one, I can say that I could fly my plane with that 9x and it feels rite oh kinda like my old 8fg or new 14sg but the A9 feels like there is way to much expo

yakken

100cc
I think the maxima rx is only for park flyers