• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Went flying yesterday, had a great time. First time I've seen this though........NOT ME, NOT MY PLANE, just a cool vid. Incorrect setup on wings so I told Lori to video the maiden.

Impressive! Flutter destroys thing about as fast as a shed prop blade.

My flying partner in crime Tony flys a Pilot 100cc Extra 330SC with one 8711 per wing. It doesn't flutter, but the faster you go, the slower it rolls.

Well we had a good day at the field today with @ChickenBalls and @mulehead1969, I had invited @PlaneNutz1 over for a little fun and decided to buy a few dogs and throw them on the grill, turned out awesome had a new guy show up and helped him alot, also helped another member with his landings and he nailed them on a 50cc extra, Plane nutz tell the young guy you brought to keep it up he was showing us all up in a good breeze, and I have to admit @ChickenBalls threw down today!I dont know if him and big orange had a talk last night or what but i saw flying out of him today i didnt know he had!
Wish I could had made it out with you guys @emtp275 ,@ChickenBalls ,@mulehead1969 today but woke up not feeling that great today. Long work week plus lots of after work home/property projects every evening and trying to finish that Ultimate build caught up with me.:bigyawn:Sucks to bust hump so you can free up a day for something you love doing and just being too wore out to do it:(.
Hopefully will get out with you guys maybe one evening this week!:way_to_go:

thelaw

70cc twin V2
A combination of things, nature and servo lockout. He was harriering down the runway and a gust caught him and cartwheeled him around. That happened before but never cartwheeled that much. Last time he fixed the rudder and kept flying, this time the rudder was bad enough and servo box was cracked.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Sometimes that's the worst, nobody around to shoot the breeze with or show off to :(:oblong:
I've been going flying with the same guy since I started back in the mid 80's. So I always have somebody to BS with. And there's another guy that I think sleeps at the field because he's always there.;)