• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yep, you gotta Love a Kaos. Mine is just a scratch built with an OS60 Gold Head. Didn't get to fly it today though, but tomorrows another day. . . . . :big_yes:

kwj48

70cc twin V2
Put the maiden on a Flyzone Beaver today. Flys great. But I was nervous as hell about landing. I really didn't want to go swimming today. Took my time and greased the landing.

Beaver.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Was a great club meeting and the turn out was one of the biggest I've seen in years! Got the maiden on the QQ300 with the Aura 8 six axis gyro system. Very windy and not much flying compared to the turn out but then again the pie holes where being stuffed with BBQ. I pulled off another Sr. moment and forgot my camera so no pics but who really wants to see pics of pie holes being stuffed??? I do have to say this new 3 pound EPP foam plane is fun and handled the wind better than most of the 35 and 42 centers present. I literally hovered in front of me with 10 to 15 blowing pretty steady and gusts to over 20! These gyros are amazing for stabilization in any flight attitude! I have never flown a gyro before except in the toy hexcopter I trained myself with. Guys had these same gyros in big planes and it made it that even the novice flyer could expertly land in a heavy cross wind with ease!

Going to let the cat out here but will post in the events thread when the dates in March are firmed up. Our Foley, Al. SARCM club is going to host a Giant Scale Fly in event for the first time ever! We have spoken directly with Mr. QQ Somenzini and he stated that he would be in attendance so I'm thinking and hoping that maybe just maybe an annual event might be born here:). As stated will post as things further develop! Great Day at the Field today!

1213150545-00.jpg 1213150545-01.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Great day for flying today, until I broke a header on the Yak :cautious:

Happen to have a new one sitting in my basement, all wrapped and ready to go. Will have to put it on sometime this week.