• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

rmyers

70cc twin V2
It was a great day here 70 degrees and little wind. 2 flights on the Aeroworks GT and 2 on the QQ Extra.

Sky Corral 2-26-16.JPG

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
It was nice here today, and plenty calm in the morning, but I had to go into work. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 69, but of course the wind is supposed to be 20 to 30!

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
A few of us went out because we had some work to do on the field and work to do on some planes. Although not all that windy, we had some rough gusty cross winds that made for some exciting landings. At times it was a tad difficult.

We spent most of the time working on planes though. We had a maiden on an OMP profile that we kept having problems. You could take the plane up at about a 45 to get to a safe height, level out and it would run out of fuel and die. We ran it on the ground, held it up at an angle and no issue.

Tuning did not affect the problem. Took it back up and out of fuel again. The guy has the tank mounted below the wing and I was concerned that was affecting it. You would think this would not be a problem. Although we don't often do those long 45 degree up-lines inverted. This was with a DLE 20. If any of you have any suggestions let me know and I will tell him.

One fellow had a 20cc profile that a elevator servo went out on, fortunately it went out on the ground (the guy had XQ servos on it). This was the second servo on this plane that has failed within two years on that plane which makes me skeptical. One failed within six months and now this one just starting into the third season and this plane is not abused by any means. I am glad the guy caught the servo failure on the ground though.

All in all, it was nice to be out but we sure had a hand full of problems. It was one of those days that if you believed in gremlins you would think they were out in full force :D

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
We spent most of the time working on planes though. We had a maiden on an OMP profile that we kept having problems. You could take the plane up at about a 45 to get to a safe height, level out and it would run out of fuel and die. We ran it on the ground, held it up at an angle and no issue.

Tuning did not affect the problem. Took it back up and out of fuel again. The guy has the tank mounted below the wing and I was concerned that was affecting it. You would think this would not be a problem. Although we don't often do those long 45 degree up-lines inverted. This was with a DLE 20. If any of you have any suggestions let me know and I will tell him

Had a Aeroworks 260 profile and DLE 20 that a friend had similar issue. We could get it to cut off on the ground by holding the plane and start rotating it on axis. At about 30 degrees of rotation (tank 3/4 full) the engine would stop drawing fuel and die.
The tank did not get pulled apart for our inspection but it had been set up just like a 3 line glow tank would be set up. I recommended he set it up just like a 2 line GAS set up and wrap the vent line to behind the tank and make sure the pick up line inside the tank has no cuts where it attached to the brass bung tubing. He never followed up with us as to what corrected it but I suspect it WAS the tank plumbing.