• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Sometimes, maidens can't wait and we have to take the weather we get huh? Been there more than once myself. LOL. It's always a good day of flying when everyone goes home happy. Just out of curiosity, what prop are you running on your DA 170? It's a triple right?
28.5X12S three blade Mej.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well, heck...."HELLOOOOOO"! Anyone make it out flying? It's awfully quiet here. Spooky....

I on the other hand got three flights in today with the 107" Edge. I added a bit more rudder the other day when I was doing some maintenance on it. Also added another 7 degrees down elevator. First flight I took her high in the sky and stalled her, slammed the rudder and elevators and tossed in a little gas pedal. Wow!! Talk about wicked fast knife edge spins. I was almost afraid I would break the tail clean off that Pilot Edge. Yeah...not so much. Though the wind was blowing around 13-18, the sun was shinning and clear blue skies. What a great time.
:banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got out and maiden the electric Sbach and new radio. Uneventful and the radio performed flawlessly. Field was pretty soggy from all the rain we have had but my foamies did not care. Hand launched the QQ300. The Sbach handled the soggy ground very well!
Lots of bugs tho! Gnats pretty thick as you can tell from the prop and wheel pants.......

Attachments

• 0319162321-00.jpg
    0319162321-00.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 0319162318-00.jpg
    0319162318-00.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 205
  • 0319162319-00.jpg
    0319162319-00.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 220

thurmma

150cc
I would have loved to have been flying this weekend but, I was sicker than all get out. What really sucks is that I have a new JETI DS-14 and bunches of components to put in planes but, didn't really feel up to it. I did manage to get the rx installed in the Assassin and took it out for a bit last night. All I can say is "Why did I wait so long to switch radios!" With the difference I felt just flying the Assassin, I can't wait to get the Edge and Extra switched over. It will be a whole new ball game!

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Well, heck...."HELLOOOOOO"! Anyone make it out flying? It's awfully quiet here. Spooky....

I on the other hand got three flights in today with the 107" Edge. I added a bit more rudder the other day when I was doing some maintenance on it. Also added another 7 degrees down elevator. First flight I took her high in the sky and stalled her, slammed the rudder and elevators and tossed in a little gas pedal. Wow!! Talk about wicked fast knife edge spins. I was almost afraid I would break the tail clean off that Pilot Edge. Yeah...not so much. Though the wind was blowing around 13-18, the sun was shinning and clear blue skies. What a great time.
:banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance:
Got out this past Fri. eve, and yesterday, bought froze my butt off yesterday, but got in some crosswind landing practice, In the freaking 40's, but at least burnt some fuel.

camss69

70cc twin V2
Made it out Saturday, it was about 70 degrees. Quite a few guys when I got there but everybody ended up leaving early for one reason or another. By 3:30 I was there by myself and ended up packing up and locking the gate. It was a shame because the weather was perfect partly cloudy, maybe a 4 mph breeze... Dang!

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Made it out Saturday, it was about 70 degrees. Quite a few guys when I got there but everybody ended up leaving early for one reason or another. By 3:30 I was there by myself and ended up packing up and locking the gate. It was a shame because the weather was perfect partly cloudy, maybe a 4 mph breeze... Dang!

I feel your pain out here the guys pack up and head out at Noon for lunch. I don't even need to look at the time. Usually I'm up flying and can see the procession of vehicles leaving. I know it must be lunchtime!