• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Dang Robert, didn't know you had surgery.... Hope you're mending well. As for the "gentle 5 mph breeze and 60 degrees???? Yeah, you suck! LOL.... I think one of two things has to happen here. Either "ONE", I move to California or somewhere where the weather suits my toys, Or "TWO", stop frequenting GSN to keep up on what everyone is up to. And ya know that ain't ever gonna happen. LOL
Went in for an angiogram and ended up getting 4 coronary bypasses the next morning. That $hit hurts.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
We had a great day of flying and everyone was packing up. A buddy had just mentioned what a good day it had been with no carnage. One guy still flying when we heard his engine quit abruptly. Damn. He's been flying past that tree for 15 years. They cut the tree down this morning and the plane was crushed.

Attachments

• P1010907.JPG
    P1010907.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 202

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
We had a great day of flying and everyone was packing up. A buddy had just mentioned what a good day it had been with no carnage. One guy still flying when we heard his engine quit abruptly. Damn. He's been flying past that tree for 15 years. They cut the tree down this morning and the plane was crushed.

I did something similar sometime back, I wedged the tree with chainsaw, and then went bk to make cut, as the tree came down the plane went into a glide, right into a mess of grape vines (very little damage), she lived to fly another day, but shortly after the rescue from the tree, her true expiration date showed up in spectacular fashion. BTW she's up there 30cc Slick

Attachments

• 028%20Slick%20in%20tree.jpg
    028%20Slick%20in%20tree.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 210

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Apparently the weather gods have offered a reprieve. Beautiful blue sunny skies today and through the rest of this week. Fog was a little dense and didn't burn off early enough today. Tomorrow though? Oh yeah baby....this boy is goin' flying. I know a certain Edge that needs to be unwound from standing in the corner all winter. I know of some rusty fingers that need limbered up too before the big maiden days. :yesss:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Apparently the weather gods have offered a reprieve. Beautiful blue sunny skies today and through the rest of this week. Fog was a little dense and didn't burn off early enough today. Tomorrow though? Oh yeah baby....this boy is goin' flying. I know a certain Edge that needs to be unwound from standing in the corner all winter. I know of some rusty fingers that need limbered up too before the big maiden days. :yesss:

Feeling better so I too might have to get it up!......plane that is. Today was really nice! 68 and sunny wind E SE 5-10. Tomorrow should be same! Purple Edge!