• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
The weather finally turned here and I had a day of 60 degrees and zero wind for a few hours today. Only got in one flight, it didn't feel right and I parked it the rest of the time, but I had a great time hanging out with friends and playing with airplanes! Helped tune 2 new DLE 35's, troubleshoot a Saito glow with a broken valve, pick up pieces of an unintended upside down landing, and program a new radio. All in all a good day and I left the truck packed so I can go do it again tomorrow, only hopefully with more flights!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The weather finally turned here and I had a day of 60 degrees and zero wind for a few hours today. Only got in one flight, it didn't feel right and I parked it the rest of the time, but I had a great time hanging out with friends and playing with airplanes! Helped tune 2 new DLE 35's, troubleshoot a Saito glow with a broken valve, pick up pieces of an unintended upside down landing, and program a new radio. All in all a good day and I left the truck packed so I can go do it again tomorrow, only hopefully with more flights!
Yup...I too left the trailer hooked and loaded. Weather tomorrow is supposed to be nicer than today. I feel a 3dub powered 260 day comin' on.:yesss:

Fishhook2670

70cc twin V2
Went to Florida Jets Friday to watch. Right off the bat I'm 60 ft from a Fire Ball that hit next to a flight station. Very sad to see a guy be hauled off in a ambulance, hope his burns are not to bad. Pray he recovers quickly.

garlandk

100cc
Visited a new club yesterday located in Chino Valley, AZ. Very nice setup. Nice long runway with paved pits and a nice shed to stay out of the sun. They have several plug ins for your chargers. The only "downside" is the runway is slope a lot! But luckily the wind favors the right way so you don't have to land downhill. The club members are also very nice and they said I could stop by anytime to practice if I am nearby.

thurmma

150cc
Went out tonight and got 2 flights on the 42 center and 4 flights on the Extra. Turned out to be a really nice night for flying. We will see what mother nature has in store for us tomorrow and hopefully get some more flying in. One thing for sure, I have to get the canisters on the Extra! When I fired up the Edge I couldn't believe how quiet it was. It sure was nice compared to the Extra with the stock mufflers.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Went to Florida Jets Friday to watch. Right off the bat I'm 60 ft from a Fire Ball that hit next to a flight station. Very sad to see a guy be hauled off in a ambulance, hope his burns are not to bad. Pray he recovers quickly.

Wow. Sorry to hear this. What happened? Malfunction? Bad enough to loose a jet but get burned up!?