• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

thurmma

150cc
Made it out again today for some more flying. Overcast skies all day which made seeing the Extra really fun :) but got 4 flights on the 42 center and 6 on the Extra. Quick way to kill a gallon of 98 octane :)

My daughter got some pretty good shots of the Extra and then called it quits because she was cold. I was happy it was above 50 and not 20 mph winds.
MIII5886.jpg MIII5960.jpg MIII6001.jpg MIII6019.jpg MIII6064.jpg MIII6120.jpg MIII6133.jpg

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
It was nice enough to fly and I could not pass it up. Sounds pretty lame compared to @ChickenBalls weekend but I got four flights in and first time at the actual flight field sine mid November. Road is super crappy and tore up on the way in from frost coming out so probably take this week for that to dry up so we can get in again. Sunshine and fresh air felt great though!!!
Our parking lot is a mess also, @combat chicken had to park sideways to keep from getting stuck

emtp275

100cc
Great weekend all around, spent time with friends, having some micro brews, and some final assembly of my new girl, Sat., didn't finish her, because the frosty adult beverages won out. I'll have to refer to @emtp275 to the flavors we were drinking, but whatever that devil crap was, it's dangerous. On to the good stuff, woke up this morn, and headed to field, put a few planes together, and away we went, my friend Herb, and I banged out several flights on buddy box, (shew we are rusty) some socializing, lots of sun, and lots of fun. Gonna give it another go tomorrow, for some late eve flying, if weather will play nice.

Craft IPA called Devil's Tail LOL, Sure cant sip on that crap while your doing any thing Important, the other was Duck Hook also a craft but not that IPA, It was a good weekend for sure warm no rain or ICE but 9 hrs in the sun had me whooped I must be getting old.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
In the 60's and no wind here, got in a half dozen flights today, as I have the past 3 days! The ground is still really soft, one of the members put his foam .40 size mustang straight into the ground at full throttle from about 100'. The spinner was buried almost a foot in the ground. After some digging down to the firewall, it took both hands pulling as hard as I could to pull it out! Needless to say, that plane won't fly again!