• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Check this awesomeness out!!!!

That's freaking cool... !!!!

After 11 years, I finally got my friend that got me hooked on this Giant Scale flying to get a couple of birds together so we can go wail on them tomorrow before he takes off to the desert half way around the globe again. Yes, we all be goin' flyin' tomorrow. @Shayne Epley , Myself and friends in tow. It's gonna be a great day.....:banana-dance:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well, we got out and did some flying today. Dang the luck, it was the day for the club "Fun Fly". So needless to say, our plans were thwarted. Or...were they? @Shayne Epley , myself and my friend got in a couple of flights before the event started. Then I was asked if I wanted to join in the Fun Fly. Well, Sure...why not? I won most of the events. (Except for one) and after we finished up, I also won a gift certificate to one of the local hobby shops. Guess that will teach them all for having a fun fly on "MY" flying day. :lol2:

My son and I stayed for a bit after the event and did some more flying. He got some really cool down low harriers with smoke "ON" with the big ass 222 powered Edge. I myself? Well, I had a super blast. I had been having a few intermittent issues with my 260. A random twitch I could not find. And to that, my 157 would randomly cough, like I had turned the ignition off then back on. Soo......Stripped it all down, replaced every harness in the plane and also added some most bodacious TDRC multi-plex wing harnesses. Also had one wing servo that was in my opinion, "iffy". Changed that out and upgraded the elevator servos to a higher torque servo. Also opened up the ignition module and discovered a "ground" wire inside that was not making constant contact. Replaced the back plate and bolted it back together. Three most awesome flights including one of pretty much rolling circles and hovering 1" inch off the racing strip. Yep, she's back to her bad ass self.

Damn great day of flying all the way around.:banana-dance:

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Dang Donnie, I gots to git you and @49dimes up here for some really awesome 85 degree flying days. Or some really sweet 70 degree evening flying.
I had those days a month ago, and these temps are extreme for us this time of year. We came back from Nall, and flew with a purpose/vengence, burning fuel like mad, then we hit a BRICK WALL, even last Sun. eve really wasn't fun. Crossing fingers temps will change soon.