• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Herb, @mulehead1969 @emtp275 and myself got out today for a few flights, weather LIAR got forecast wrong, but still got in several flights. Pic of Justin getting comfy with his new extra.

Attachments

• DSCF4662.JPG
    DSCF4662.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 208

emtp275

100cc
Herb, @mulehead1969 @emtp275 and myself got out today for a few flights, weather LIAR got forecast wrong, but still got in several flights. Pic of Justin getting comfy with his new extra.
EPA Called me about the smoke after working on your settings, Turns out you pissed off a whole block LOL. Oh and I went back out after lunch with the fam to give the extra another shot test and tune. Got a few good pics.

P8092664.JPG P8092710.JPG

Got out yesterday afternoon with @Flyrcjoe for an unexpected huck session. Forecast for Saturday was rain but ended up partly cloudy. I forgot how much fun it was to fly in a cross wind. I REALLY need to work on wind corrections. Wind was blowing hard enough that the plane wouldn't complete a wing over into the wind. Nothing like a 45° slip on approach to land!!! Best part is, nobody else wants to (or is stupid enough to) fly in it.

EPA Called me about the smoke after working on your settings, Turns out you pissed off a whole block LOL. Oh and I went back out after lunch with the fam to give the extra another shot test and tune. Got a few good pics.

View attachment 36994 View attachment 36995
@emtp275 @ChickenBalls Both pics very cool! wish I could have been there but was traveling back from a family visit up in Richmond. I might go out tomorrow if the wind is cooperating!

Well just checked the weather and high chance of t-storms and the wind is up so since I am taking the day off from work looks like some shop time is in order. Need to get the ultimate programed . Having an issue right now with the radio setup. Got the aurora 9 binding done but cant get the throttle to come up.:mad: Time to trouble shoot.:ninja:

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Well just checked the weather and high chance of t-storms and the wind is up so since I am taking the day off from work looks like some shop time is in order. Need to get the ultimate programed . Having an issue right now with the radio setup. Got the aurora 9 binding done but cant get the throttle to come up.:mad: Time to trouble shoot.:ninja:
Bart holler if ya can' t get it figured out, hopefully something simple, probably has something to do withhow you tied opti in, and what channel/switch you have assigned, make sure it's INH

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

View attachment 36994 View attachment 36995
Hells yeah. Now that is what I'm talkin' 'bout. I wanted to buy one of those Extra's, but didn't see the need for one. NOW, though? Oh yeah, I think I need one with like a 61 or DA 70. Hey @49dimes, gimmie back my twin. LOL...nice looking plane.
Yup....thats' what all rudders should look like. I think......you're doin' it juuuuust right!!!!:yesss:

I might need to give Tony a call and order up a new rudder. LOL

edge rudder.jpg

Last edited: