Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport The Kool Kanary (Giant Hot Kanary)

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Bipeguy03, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Beautiful work as always brother. Thanks for the pics and welcome back!

49dimes, Bipeguy03 and stangflyer like this.
  2. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Indeed. And there he was....all sad and lonely and :dancing-poop: thinkin' we didn't care. LOL. Love his builds. "A LOT"!

3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    You do some nice work and will be following with interest. Like your work on the fiberglass really like the side scoop on the cowl that looks great. Is that done over mold or in a mold .

4. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Keep the updates coming, we are interested.:yesss:

5. It's pulled from a second mold and then secondary bonded to the cowling with resin and thixotropic silica (same stuff as gel coat).

Can't take credit for the the shape though, it is actually my Grampa's mold. It was in the box that I got from his buddy that had the Krier Kraft wheel pant mold.

6. stangflyer

As I was reading through the pages of your build, I somehow missed the cowl cheek cooling scoops @Snoopy1 mentioned. It seems to me that many other planes could benefit from something like this. I sometimes see spark plug boots sticking out the side of the cowl due to the engine being too wide for the cowl. With the addition of these, (as well as adding them for cooling the top of the cylinder head) it would sure "pretty" things up in cases such as that. They kind of enhance the looks of that Kanary cowl.

49dimes, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  7. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Yes how true it would be nice to be able to buy scoops like that in a couple of sizes. I would use quite few.

49dimes and stangflyer like this.
  8. stangflyer

I could have used them back on my first Pilot 107" Edge.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  9. Pilot_Tony

Pilot_Tony New to GSN!

Bipeguy03,

I just dug out my plans tonight before I found this thread. I am watching closely as I would like to start mine this winter. You are truly a master builder, great job! Any idea of a powerplant? Im thinking along the lines of RCGF twin 30cc. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Tony

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  10. I have a Quadra Q35 on mine. I think anything around the 30-35cc range would be fine.

49dimes and Jetpainter like this.