• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

Thank you Bobby!

Well, this is after the 1st coat of the epoxy primer, and before sanding it. I installed it on the fuselage so I could see how it is coming together.

IMG_1507.JPG

then I did a bit of sanding, and you all can now see the gap, which if I pass my hand over it with eyes closed, I cannot ascertain a step off.

IMG_1508.JPG

I was also impressed at how well this sanded, and it was dry in 1 hour, to where I could sand it.

I was also inspecting the junction between the canopy and the hatch, and it is not apparent, so the prep work paid off.

IMG_1509.JPG

I sanded it down to 600, and then applied a second coat of epoxy primer. I will wait til tomorrow morning, and then apply glaring putty to anywhere that needs it, and then I will sand again, using wet 600, and til i get a very smooth surface, then I will apply a 3rd coat.

these are the pictures after applying the 2nd coat of epoxy primer...
IMG_1510.JPG
IMG_1511.JPG
IMG_1512.JPG

little bit more done this morning.

this is a painstaking process, as it is mostly prep work, and the more time you put in it to your satisfaction, then the better the end result, yet, I am still not happy!

I applied GLAZING putty to multiple areas....

IMG_1513.JPG
IMG_1514.JPG

I have since, sanded this down, but still needs more work. There are just very very small areas that need filling.

here is a view of the junction of the cowl with the canopy. I am happy with this. Came out good. Now, just working on surface minor defects, real small. I think most may say, hey, that is nothing!

IMG_1515.JPG

going back to it soon...

Well, she is now RTC and RTP=

ready to cover and ready to paint.

I put it together,. and weighed her....

IMG_1536.JPG

the fuselage, as shown, weighs 22.10 pounds, with the stabs on, rudder on, canisters/pilot/instrument panel/headers/wing tube
add wings (5 pounds, 10 ounce)
and we are up to 27.7 pounds.

add the motor and the motor mount (10.2 pounds), and now total weight is 37.9 pounds

add the 9 MKS 777 servos and the control horns = 1.8 pounds

now, we are up to 39.69 pounds

add the 2 white rose wheels (5.5 ounces each) with axles

weight is 40.5 pounds

add the 2 batteries, 5000 Mah each = 41.6 pounds total

still need to add weight of gas tanks, covering, paint, spinner, & prop.

Hmmmm, I do not believe she will be under 42 pounds.

Rusty 73

100cc
Great work love all the glass work it is very time consuming but attention to detail will give you a smooth beautiful finish when the paint is laid down . What color are you painting , the more coats of a lite color will really increase the weight on the cowl and canopy area . Love the work you have done , thanks for sharing

Rusty 73

100cc
Like the orange and blue with white , very clean lines and the wing design will show up well with the white back ground n the sky . I had a couple of planes with those colours and l loved the colours

Thank you Rusty,
well, began to lay the white on the bottom, and the iron pooped out on me. Luckily, HobbyTown was open, and I was able to obtain a new iron. (which was free, someone at work gave me a 200 dollar gift card for hobby town).

I started in the bottom, white down 1st, then the blue, then the orange. Additionally, I applied the 1" wide white stripe, on the left side, tomorrow, I will do the right side, then finish the fuselage off.

I have to go to "ENGLISH PAINT", local car paint store, and have them match the orange and the blue. Once I get that paint, then I can do the cowl and canopy.
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1541.JPG

all the covering is single piece full length from nose to tail.