• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Like you I struggle to constantly fly five planes much less the six I have. I have two 35%ers, the 88" Edge, and three profiles. My normal policy is that I never get another plane unless I get rid of one.

I built a profile this winter so one will have to go this year to keep me at five. Having a plane in a box does not bother me nearly as bad as having one in a flying state and simply cannot devote any time to flying it. To me that is a waste and really not doing anything. I usually find someone in the club that doesn't have much and give it to them or sell it to them super cheap just so they feel like they paid something for it.

I do get around to flying all my planes each year, but really a small number get the most flights and some may wind up with only 3-6 flights on them. It all depends on how the flying season goes and what I am focused on whether it be the big birds or learning stuff on the profiles.

This year it in my area has been horrid weather for flying, so my planes are simply in the trailer waiting. The weather folks are calling for a weekend of rain and storms here again and being a weekend RC warrior that puts me out for now.

one word, "foamies". If I didn't have a few small electric foamies I'd almost never get out to the field. Once I get into the routine of going to the field, the bigger ones start to make it out but when I go any amount of time without flying it's the foamies that let me get back into it without much hassle.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have a question the LHS has a beautiful carbon propeller believe it be a Mejzlik 25-10 FOUR bladed. Does anyone know what size engine it would fit. Cannot find any info on four bladed propellers.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Have a question the LHS has a beautiful carbon propeller believe it be a Mejzlik 25-10 FOUR bladed. Does anyone know what size engine it would fit. Cannot find any info on four bladed propellers.

I would think it needs an engine in the 85-100cc range.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got the access cover finished. Also made a better antenna guide. Have a Scale Fly-in coming up this weekend. It should ride just fine with no paint on the bottom.
"Work in progress" as are many others at events such as this :rolleyes:.

GOPR0604.JPG
GOPR0603.JPG

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi all! I've been AWOL for awhile. I just checked and my last post was in the middle of February!:face-palm:

I've been tinkering in the shop lately and finally have the Krill Ultimate ready to do some bodywork on to prep for paint. I also did a bit of maintenance on the Hangar 9 300X. I need to take the stabs off to get it in and out of the house and finally switch to a Multiplex plug and mounted receptacle to speed the process up. It's way easier than a servo extension.

I"ll be catching up the Krill Ultimate thread soon.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi all! I've been AWOL for awhile. I just checked and my last post was in the middle of February!:face-palm:

I've been tinkering in the shop lately and finally have the Krill Ultimate ready to do some bodywork on to prep for paint. I also did a bit of maintenance on the Hangar 9 300X. I need to take the stabs off to get it in and out of the house and finally switch to a Multiplex plug and mounted receptacle to speed the process up. It's way easier than a servo extension.

Great to hear from you. And yes it has been a while. But you are back that is all that counts.

pawnshopmike

Staff member

Welcome back brother!