• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
It has turned from soaking hot to soaking wet weather so I went and started the process of painting and sealing the bottom side of the Cub wing.

The Rustoleum "Marigold" is a very close match :fist_pump:. So I am sending the Rustoleum "Golden Sunset" off to the west :on_the_go:.
The wing and components have dried but I still can easily blow air through the covering so it will get the FlexSeal treatment.

GOPR0665.JPG
GOPR0661.JPG

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I spent the day unloading the trailer, installing a shelf, and adding the Gear Jacks for the planes. There are four in the front for the two Ultimate's, the Laser, and if ever recovered the Challenger. Plus the big Pitts fit's in the rear. Woo Hoo.
I know most whom use these jacks lift the wheels off the floor but I wanted them for the securement of the airframe. The flat spot on the wheels changes position five minutes after removing an airframe from the trailer. And as it stands these things are rock solid and should serve their purpose well. And I did take note @Snoopy1 to your comment of your friends being to high and installed these below the elevator height, just unstrap and roll them out. Easy Peasy!!!! In the morning I will go get the hangers and such for the wing bags as well as a mount for the charger. Still need to figure out where the tool box, radio case, and fuel cans will go as well as how to affix them. Will figure that out after the bags are in position.

Attachments

• P1090355.JPG
    P1090355.JPG
    446.2 KB · Views: 323

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I spent the day unloading the trailer, installing a shelf, and adding the Gear Jacks for the planes. There are four in the front for the two Ultimate's, the Laser, and if ever recovered the Challenger. Plus the big Pitts fit's in the rear. Woo Hoo.
I know most whom use these jacks lift the wheels off the floor but I wanted them for the securement of the airframe. The flat spot on the wheels changes position five minutes after removing an airframe from the trailer. And as it stands these things are rock solid and should serve their purpose well. And I did take note @Snoopy1 to your comment of your friends being to high and installed these below the elevator height, just unstrap and roll them out. Easy Peasy!!!! In the morning I will go get the hangers and such for the wing bags as well as a mount for the charger. Still need to figure out where the tool box, radio case, and fuel cans will go as well as how to affix them. Will figure that out after the bags are in position.
Looks like it will do a good job for your they really do support the plane well.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
@49dimes , Question do you believe you are loosing lift from the wing due to the porosity of the covering

Yes. It does not glide as it should even being a clipped wing and weighing 17lbs. With power at idle it would lose altitude very quickly and not drop the nose. The first picture shows the plane about 50 feet out from my position and just over 1/4 throttle. Had to slightly increase throttle to touch down to keep it from hitting hard on touch down.

20190607-224435.JPG 20190607-224449.JPG 20190607-224528.JPG 20190607-224554.JPG