• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
What did I do? Not enough!!! Need more shop time!!!!

One plane being built, one with a vaporized bullet connector, another with CG rearrangement shinnanigins. Plus I’ve got another with a busted cowl, and one with a busted prop. Ha ha. I guess this means I’ve been flying??
View attachment 111661
Don’t worry about it just give it a little time and you will more time than you need. The weather is not far off. Fly as much as you can right now.

I have been looking at 5 by 10 foot aluminum trailer the last couple of weeks. Not sure about doing it but sure will make life a little easier I think not sure.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
My new Cub was looking a little barren. So I fired up the trusty vinyl cutter this evening. Got one wing done.

33A0AF86-E05C-4F42-BF84-3BA2D9150504.jpeg
0755F42F-56B7-404D-97ED-A52100CC8FB4.jpeg
F6C8CFC3-CFF9-4FD3-969B-51E022F25260.jpeg
78BF6F49-D540-4318-A072-8CFDBE1FC9A3.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well is getting cold and it is raining so instead of building a massive workshop/ barn I had a chance to do some tinkering in my workshop today. Bought a new radio a while back and it is time read up on it see if I can program it. Not going that well been doing a lot of reading and experimenting with the radio. It coming along slowly. Not easy to learn a new radio and X-Bus all at the same time.
Trying to get my head around programming the servos instead of the radio. You have program the servo for everything. Rotation up to 180 degrees, dead band, gain, soft start, plane location, center sensitivity, center and a bunch more, this is all programmed into servo before it is installed.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well boys it took a couple of days but it is all working and it is all starting to make sense. And yes I do like the XBus system but it will take some to get familiar with it but it sure does have some real advantages that I will take advantage off.

0CBEDC5C-788B-4464-A5A1-37D223442D55.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow thanks for that I will definitely look into that. Thanks again.
Is that the same one that you and I were talking about a little while back.