• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Anyone have experience with vinyl graphics/decal pricing. I was quoted $130 for clear decal with white letters uncut. Or $240 for cut vinyl.
Here is a clip of what I’m doing, note that the ward air letters are about 1.125” high.

The price seems high, but I am clueless. I found a plotter cutter online with decent reviews for $180 and $2O for vinyl then a little more for transfer paper. But hmmmmmmm this should all fit on a 8x12” sheet.
Thoughts??

View attachment 112720

Take that image to your local sign shop. They should be able to fix you up for a fraction of that price.

WMcNabb

150cc
Anyone have experience with vinyl graphics/decal pricing. I was quoted $130 for clear decal with white letters uncut. Or $240 for cut vinyl.
Here is a clip of what I’m doing, note that the ward air letters are about 1.125” high.

The price seems high, but I am clueless. I found a plotter cutter online with decent reviews for $180 and $2O for vinyl then a little more for transfer paper. But hmmmmmmm this should all fit on a 8x12” sheet.
Thoughts??

View attachment 112720

Contact Callie and let her know what you need. She provides excellent service and fantastic results!

https://callie-graphics.com/pages/contact

I sent her measurements and a high res image of my desired result, had a few email exchanges, and she knocked it out of the park.

551A3086-9F5A-4969-A6EE-F9EBC869FF03.jpeg

Attachments

• 43D97912-A138-4376-B2F6-551CB170FE67.jpeg
    43D97912-A138-4376-B2F6-551CB170FE67.jpeg
    518.5 KB · Views: 363
  • 98AD6435-3254-4F5B-8AB1-5EB28D409167.jpeg
    98AD6435-3254-4F5B-8AB1-5EB28D409167.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 380
  • B90E694B-AECE-4206-A346-708C02C622AD.jpeg
    B90E694B-AECE-4206-A346-708C02C622AD.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Contact Callie and let her know what you need. She provides excellent service and fantastic results!

https://callie-graphics.com/pages/contact

I sent her measurements and a high res image of my desired result, had a few email exchanges, and she knocked it out of the park.

View attachment 112724

I have only heard great things about her. I asked the guys here in town about the price. I really don't know what would be better, clear printed white, or white vinyl. Sounds to me like the one piece might not hold up and not look as good since it's printed.

Take that image to your local sign shop. They should be able to fix you up for a fraction of that price.

That IS my local shop!!! There are a couple more. I e-mailed them and asked if I can pay for their time scaling and for the file. At bare minimum I can trace it out and cut it out letter by letter for that price.... or just buy my own plotter/cutter... I was thinking it was going to be in the ball park of $50-70. After all, it's just plain white! The logo has some sort of 3D view to it, so cutting it myself would be a pain.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Need some help please, need to order some balsa wood. But I do need the good stuff maximum 6 lbs- cubic foot or less. Does any one have some recommendation. Thanks

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Need some help please, need to order some balsa wood. But I do need the good stuff maximum 6 lbs- cubic foot or less. Does any one have some recommendation. Thanks
Sorry I can't be of help here brother as I have a fairly local shop to go and select my own.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
My turn for help! I drilled my 32x10 Falcon prop just to find I did it a 1/4" off so now the spinner and back plate don't line up. Would it be safe to fill the bolt hole's will dowels and re drill?

Turns out the hole is half the hole offset so I filled it with an epoxy, microballoons, milled glass mixture, and will re drill when cured.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
My turn for help! I drilled my 32x10 Falcon prop just to find I did it a 1/4" off so now the spinner and back plate don't line up. Would it be safe to fill the bolt hole's will dowels and re drill?

Turns out the hole is half the hole offset so I filled it with an epoxy, microballoons, milled glass mixture, and will re drill when cured.
Is it wood or carbon I believe it to be carbon because you filled it with epoxy.