• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Changed out the floats for the ski's on my E-1500 Twin. Going up yo Pactola Lake tomorrow ice fishing. the ski's work great flying off the Ice. I have a great time it is fun to do cookies, on the ice then take off LOL !!!!
FL.jpg Ski.jpg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I just changed out the floats for ski's only takes about 10 minutes going up to the lake and fly it off the Ice tomorrow. I have a lot of fun doing cookies on the ice then take off LOL!!! goofed didn't mean to make a double post
FL.jpg Ski.jpg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
After finishing with paint. I mounted the ski's and added a spring on the front ski to hold the front of the float in an upward position, just like some of the cubs I have flown in with ski's on them. My brother and I were going to go flying put it's only 12 degrees and over cast with a 10 mph wind, and a wind chill of 9 degrees plan on tomorrow. Out look for tomorrow mid 30's and sun shine.
spring.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
After finishing with paint. I mounted the ski's and added a spring on the front ski to hold the front of the float in an upward position, just like some of the cubs I have flown in with ski's on them. My brother and I were going to go flying put it's only 12 degrees and over cast with a 10 mph wind, and a wind chill of 9 degrees plan on tomorrow. Out look for tomorrow mid 30's and sun shine.
View attachment 113129
At that temperature and 10 mph wind is to cold for me be good for 5 minutes and I would be on my way home. At first the skies did not make sense to me with the wheels left on it does good idea. Do you just extend the axle.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 113110 View attachment 113111 View attachment 113112 Working on a glider for a buddy. This is off of jsut one wing tip block getting it all ready. Little sanding left to do on it but happy so far with what I have from just using a razor plane.
See you have three planes on your desk do not know which one you like the best. I am also always on the look out for planes. Just found one that I am tempted to have a look at, it’s a miniature block plane from LeeValley. It is 2 1/2 inch long and 3/4 inch wide.
C93EB5CB-66DD-497D-A21D-F7FD3482D402.jpeg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Snoopy1. The ease of switching out from wheels to floats and just adding ski's is one of the many reason I purchased one. To add the ski's takes less then minute. Switching from wheels to floats can be done in about 10 minutes, no linkage to mess with and no readjusting. Just pull the front steering wheel assembly. pull the rear axles and wheels,and install the float assembly group with the 12 mounting screws. and pushing in the rudder control arm assembly and your back on floats. They hit this one out of the park IMHO.

Faxle.jpg Raxle.jpg fassem.jpg

BalsaDust

See you have three planes on your desk do not know which one you like the best. I am also always on the look out for planes. Just found one that I am tempted to have a look at, it’s a miniature block plane from LeeValley. It is 2 1/2 inch long and 3/4 inch wide.
View attachment 113130

The two off to the right are ones I 3D printed and use a regular single edge razor blade. Havent actually tried them yet.