• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm not sure if this is sad or insane. I cannot wait to finish my Otter and Beaver so I can build a Goose. The otter needs some wing work, and I need to get the iron back in the fire to keep the Beaver build going... but this Goose... So neat, the designer I respect a lot. He's very informative and his videos are fun to watch and learn from. He is now building a V2 of the Goose, I received my V1 last year and haven't started it yet. But seriously look at his V2 laser cut design for the nacelles/canopy and his super creative CAD work of the retractable landing gear.
Who did you order the kit from, the person in the video is Dutch and from Holland.
Found it thanks anyway.

Last edited:

WMcNabb

150cc
I'm not sure if this is sad or insane. I cannot wait to finish my Otter and Beaver so I can build a Goose. The otter needs some wing work, and I need to get the iron back in the fire to keep the Beaver build going... but this Goose... So neat, the designer I respect a lot. He's very informative and his videos are fun to watch and learn from. He is now building a V2 of the Goose, I received my V1 last year and haven't started it yet. But seriously look at his V2 laser cut design for the nacelles/canopy and his super creative CAD work of the retractable landing gear.

Why is it that my want list just keeps growing???

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Who did you order the kit from, the person in the video is Dutch and from Holland.
Found it thanks anyway.

Sebastian from RC Europe. Some have had bad luck with the guy, but they worked with me on shipping to the US. I think they had a sale too when I ordered mine which helped persuade me on justifying the shipping and overall cost.

If you do buy from them. Contact them first and confirm it’s in stock, pricing and shipping for a smooth transaction

Last edited:

BalsaDust

Finished the fence this weekend other than coming back in a few weeks to apply a sealer to it. I rewarded myself by cooking up a Boston Butt in the smoker all day Sunday while I was finishing up. Both the fence and the Butt turned out great.

IMG_1868.JPG
IMG_1889.JPG
IMG_1890.JPG
IMG_1891.JPG
IMG_1892.JPG

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Must be CSS... Control Surface Saturday
Third attempt at the otters flaps and ailerons.
And making some balsa tail feathers for the DLG. Sanded to airfoil and hair sprayed, prepped for glass.
77C87552-F09F-46E7-A6F4-9FE3CC770694.jpeg
The two projects I really need to get done... Otter and DLG.
Man, Hangar birds need some TLC. ARS, Edge, Otter, Beaver, DLG, and the Timber all need some work. Now that my wife and I are working full time, it’s mostly hanging out with the baby while the other one works. Right now it’s nap time for the baby, which means tinker time for daddy... time to prep a bottle for when she waky waky. At least I got something done!!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
What DLG you working on?

1m mini dart. Had it for years. Screwed up the tail during assembly. Trying hard to get it in the air. Could get a new tail from soaring models via Ukraine but I didn’t want to learn how to use swift payment...

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
On a different note, I would really like to get the Libelle DLG from dreamflight but it's not in stock until the end of summer apparently. An EPO foam glider that can take a few hits on the rocks sounds great from where I am at. I was also looking at their Ahi kit... You can say I'm getting a glider bug. I've been researching how to build my own foam core glider and came across the "Le Fish Ultralight" plans are online and I just need to figure out how to print airfoils to size so I can make the template and start hot wire cutting foam.
https://www.slopeaerobatics.com/vtpr-glider-plans/le-fish-vtpr-glider/

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
On a different note, I would really like to get the Libelle DLG from dreamflight but it's not in stock until the end of summer apparently. An EPO foam glider that can take a few hits on the rocks sounds great from where I am at. I was also looking at their Ahi kit... You can say I'm getting a glider bug. I've been researching how to build my own foam core glider and came across the "Le Fish Ultralight" plans are online and I just need to figure out how to print airfoils to size so I can make the template and start hot wire cutting foam.
https://www.slopeaerobatics.com/vtpr-glider-plans/le-fish-vtpr-glider/

Somewhere I got some DLG advice but haven't acted on it. Might need to get it again.................