• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Did a little surgery on the Multiplex Rockstar tonight, elevator servo was acting a little funny. I think I biffed it when the wind caught it on landing on Sunday, going to get it checked out tomorrow.

thurmma

150cc
I got the pipes installed in the 330 LX. I could not imagine having to do this without one of @Terryscustom stands! Even though I can't flip it verticaly, yet, just having the plane at the height it is was awesome. Now waiting for the Wolverine switch to get here so I can finish the dual rx setup in the plane before the next flight, which the way the weather is going may be a while. I will definitely get it fired up this weekend though :) Can't wait to hear the 170 on pipes :)

20151118_225609.jpg

BalsaDust

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Some more covering happening in my shop. Don't worry a thread is coming on the glass method but I'm low on data for the month at home so I can't upload any videos until I go back to work the Saturday after thanksgiving. Also had a couple of OS 120 surpass four strokes show up. Can't wait for my first four stroke experience.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
View attachment 45430 View attachment 45431 View attachment 45432

Some more covering happening in my shop. Don't worry a thread is coming on the glass method but I'm low on data for the month at home so I can't upload any videos until I go back to work the Saturday after thanksgiving. Also had a couple of OS 120 surpass four strokes show up. Can't wait for my first four stroke experience.
Covering looks great Chris. Mikey like!:yesss:

Now, go give those two 4 strokes a bath. Mikey likes clean and shinny.:D

thurmma

150cc
Got an extra wide version of @Terryscustom plane stand because the Extra 330LX and the 42% Edge were to wide for the standard stand and it is AWESOME!!!

Pictures of the 330LX on the stand with plenty of room to maneuver the plane. Now if only my garage ceiling was high enough to rotate the plane in the garage I would be a really happy camper, but one thing at a time :)

1.jpg
11.jpg

111.jpg

BalsaDust

Covering looks great Chris. Mikey like!:yesss:

Now, go give those two 4 strokes a bath. Mikey likes clean and shinny.:D

One of them will most deffinalty get all nice and clean as its gotta come apart to replace the bearing in it. The other already has new bearings and just needs the carb barrel loosened up so it might not get as clean. Who knows though I may pull it completely apart as well though.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
One of them will most deffinalty get all nice and clean as its gotta come apart to replace the bearing in it. The other already has new bearings and just needs the carb barrel loosened up so it might not get as clean. Who knows though I may pull it completely apart as well though.
Did you decide yet what you're going to put them on?