• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

I thought you bought a plane last year LOL I have an Issue of buying a spare and next thing you know my debit card jumps online and orders the motor servos and other goodies so I end up building the damn thing... Humm does any one have a support group for this issue yet?
I've put this one off due to funds as in lack of. It will be a slow assembly in I'm buying stuff when the budget allows and sales occur.

thurmma

150cc
I've put this one off due to funds as in lack of. It will be a slow assembly in I'm buying stuff when the budget allows and sales occur.

I know that feeling :) Want a Jeti DS-14 but, have to wait until I can sell some stuff or the mowing and umpiring season get here so I can replenish the hobby fund. My "new to me" 330LX, DLE170 and RE3's pretty much tapped that account and then some!

thurmma

150cc
After I got the 330LX I had to remove some stickers from the wings and it had tore the black off part of this wing so, last night I decided to replace that piece. Now both wings match again :) I know the curves aren't perfect but, in the air, who will know :) It looks a lot better then when it was missing.

wing.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I landed a 30%er one time with the rudder hanging by the push/pull linkage, along with a partially damaged elevator
I had a rudder cable come apart when I was flying a friends DA200 powered Carf Sukhoi. I did a Poptop with left rudder and it did it really cool so I tried to do another and it wouldn't do it. I made a right rudder knife edge pass across the field and then handed him the transmitter. He landed, and when he went to taxi back it wouldn't turn left. We he got it back, one rudder cable was trailing behind it. He should have known better than to hand me the transmitter.;)