• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

garlandk

100cc
This is something new I am trying... This is the ready corner. Meaning everything here is what I need when I go to the flying field or a Fly In.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 244

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
This is something new I am trying... This is the ready corner. Meaning everything here is what I need when I go to the flying field or a Fly In.
That's a cool idea. I did the same thing in my plane room. One wall is nothing but 35 and 40% wings, stabs and tubes. Field box, tool kit and radio case next wall over. About the "ONLY" place in my house that has some sort of organization. LOL

Got a lot of work on the Cessna done today. She'll be back in the air very soon.

thurmma

150cc
Getting closer on the 330LX! Choke and throttle servos are mounted and fully functioning. I am liking the Jeti more and more. I needed to move the throttle servo cable to the other side of the fuselage due to servo location. With the Airtronics, keeping the wiring looking neat would have been a chore. With the Jeti, I just swapped pins with a pin on the other side of the CB200 and it was done! The other thing I ran into tonight that blew me away was I realized I had to reverse the choke servo after I had adjusted the throws so I figured I would be resetting everything all over again but, nope! I reversed the servo and all of the settings were still perfect! I am liking this radio. Also, threw a curve in to make sure the throttle action was physically linear. Hoping to get this thing fired up this week sometime and possibly back in the air this weekend, weather permitting.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
That's a cool idea. I did the same thing in my plane room. One wall is nothing but 35 and 40% wings, stabs and tubes. Field box, tool kit and radio case next wall over. About the "ONLY" place in my house that has some sort of organization. LOL

Got a lot of work on the Cessna done today. She'll be back in the air very soon.

I have a few parts left over from my Cessna if you need them or just want them (free) !! There's a dash board w/gauges & the two tail cone pieces & a rear window, have to see if there's anything else. Just a thought cause I crashed mine on, darn flaps, ha !! windscreen too.
Thanks, John

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I have a few parts left over from my Cessna if you need them or just want them (free) !! There's a dash board w/gauges & the two tail cone pieces & a rear window, have to see if there's anything else. Just a thought cause I crashed mine on, darn flaps, ha !!
Thanks, John
Is the dash with gauges the stock like what comes with the Cessna? Or? Have a picture of the gauges? I appreciate the offer on the spare parts and I will keep it in mind. I actually have a complete full set of spare parts. Pants, windows, tail cone...everything. Thing is, the original Cessna I purchased from Horizon was in real sorry condition. Mis-aligned build, crooked parts...you name it. Must have been built the day after Chinese New Year. Lol. Horizon really stepped up to the plate and sent me a completely new Cessna. Told me to keep everything from the original so I am pretty much set. Thanks John, may be interested in the dash/gauges though if they are really nice.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Is the dash with gauges the stock like what comes with the Cessna? Or? Have a picture of the gauges? I appreciate the offer on the spare parts and I will keep it in mind. I actually have a complete full set of spare parts. Pants, windows, tail cone...everything. Thing is, the original Cessna I purchased from Horizon was in real sorry condition. Mis-aligned build, crooked parts...you name it. Must have been built the day after Chinese New Year. Lol. Horizon really stepped up to the plate and sent me a completely new Cessna. Told me to keep everything from the original so I am pretty much set. Thanks John, may be interested in the dash/gauges though if they are really nice.

I'll take a picture of the gauges & post later !! I can't remember for sure if it's for the Cessna or the big Taylorcraft that I also had !!